twenty four

"cass!" mia screams, embracing me in a hug. i hug tightly back. we stand at her doorstep, hugging and laughing.

"i'm so sorry i was never available to talk. i was always so fucking busy. but that's why i'm here. i needed a break." i explain to her once we pull away from the hug.

"don't even worry about it. i knew that no matter what we'd be friends no matter what." she tells me, shutting the door behind me.

a smile broke out on my face, before i examines the apartment, "wow. so modern," i tell her, "it's beautiful."

"thanks. i just recently moved in." she explains to me.

i was hesitant to ask, but i figured i should just ask about the question i have been waiting to for a while now, "so.. how's grayson?" i asked, deciding to be subtle about it not assuming they're still together but at the same time am.

"oh um... we actually aren't together anymore." she tells me, a certain sadness washing over her body.

"what? what happened?" i thought mia and grayson would be forever.

she shrugged her shoulders, sitting down on the couch, "he wanted kids... and i just... wasn't ready for that." she explains, "so he left."

i sit next to her, "i'm so sorry, mia."

she breaths in, in order to calm herself down, "no. it's okay. you didn't know. he's happy now and.. that's all i want for him. you know?" she says in a sad tone.

i shake my head, "what a dick."

"it's not his fault, cass. he just–"

"it's one hundred percent his fault. he should respect your decision on waiting. if he truly loved you he wouldn't have left."

she sighed, "well it doesn't matter now. he actually does have kids now, so."

"wow. he's so pathetic." i mumbled to myself.

"but how about you?" she asks, changing the subject, "did you find a hot italian boyfriend?"

i chuckled, "well, no. being busy i never really thought about getting a boyfriend."

"have you heard from aria and isabelle?" i asked, changing the subject.

"yeah, actually. aria just got engaged to noah. they're gonna have a wedding." mia tells me.

"no way, why didn't she tell me this?" i was so happy for them. that they settled down for real this time.

mia shrugged, "maybe she thought you were too busy." she explained.

okay. i can see this. i haven't made much time for them, and for that i regret. this is what i mean when i say that popularity and fame almost got the best of me.

"but i can bring a plus one, so you'll definitely be coming." she tells me, a smile on her face.

i return it asking about isabelle now. "um well, i actually haven't heard from her since you moved. i'm sure if we asked aria she'd know. but as of now, i'm clueless. i really do worry for her though."

"yeah, the last time we saw her, she was a mess." i add, sighing. "i'm just glad to be home again. this is really refreshing having so much free time."

"yeah, i bet. but it'd be nice to be busy once in a while." mia tells me.

"how's your job?" i ask.

"it's okay. it's not fun but it gets me money." she shrugged.

what if mia came and worked for me? wouldn't that be something. having my bestfriend right by my side thought out everything.

WHEN IN ROME

"cassandra, are you busy?" my dad asks, peeping his head through the open doorframe of my bedroom. i shut my laptop sitting on the bed and adjust the glasses on my face.

"no, not at the moment. you need something?" i ask, standing up from the bed and fixing my hair as i passed the mirror.

he nods, "actually yes, can you go to the supermarket and get some ingredients for tonight's dinner? you mom and i will send you a list."

"oh um, sure." i replied.

he grins, tossing me the keys of his car, "great, thanks. we're probably gonna nap. it's been a long day." i nod in response.

he walks away, leaving me in my room. maybe they're taking advantage of my money like they do with sophia. they're so lucky their only daughters are so successful.

shaking my head, i grab my wallet and change out of my tank top replacing it with a loose metallica bleached t shirt as i let it fall to the waistband of my cotton shorts.

i remember all the memories of my old clothes, it's crazy. my first kiss with ethan. i was wearing this shirt. ugh, it's a curse.

"cass, you going yet?" my mom yells from down the hallway. i peak my head out of my door telling her i'm leaving right away.

sighing, i slipped on my shoes and head out the front door. i unlock the car, getting in. the heat quickly gets to me as i quickly turn on the car in hopes of making it become cooler.

"god, i hate summer."

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

a short chapter, but you won't believe what's next!!  some teaaaaa