fifteen

i stared at the computer screen, the light reflecting off my glasses. i was wearing sweatpants and a tank top, completely alone in the hotel room while my friends were out with the boys. probably drinking or something.

i passed on going out tonight because ive made little process while being here. i have no inspiration, and no motive.

i groaned, flopping down on the bed. as i stare at the white ceiling, someone knocks on my door very lightly. confused, i sit up, shutting my laptop closed.

mrs bruno maybe? i mentally prepared myself for an excuse i could make up for Mia and why she wasn't here also.

i peeked through the peek hole, my hands on either side of the door. there stands Ethan.

immediately, i opened and unlocked the door. "i thought you went out?"

"eh, grayson told me i should sit this one out." he explains. with a eyebrow raised, i widen the door for him to come in.

"why would he tell you to not go?" i asked, shutting the door behind me. he goes over to sit on the chair at the corner of the door and looks out the balcony window.

"they're doing like a triple date. who knew aria and noah were a thing?" he says, resting his elbows on his knees.

i stand there, in the middle of the room. "so you'd rather watch me write?"

he quickly glances at the bed where my laptop sits, "Andi. your laptop is closed."

i look at my laptop, going over to the bed and sitting in front of my laptop. "no it's not." i open it, revealing the google docs in which a paragraph of words show.

he comes over to me and takes a seat right next to me on the bed. "can i read it?" he asks.

i bring the laptop to my chest, hiding it away from him, "if you want to cringe." no way was i letting him read this. i had planned on writing about my trip to Rome and what i had learned throughout it all. had he read this, he'd know that majority of the paragraph was about him.

"why not? i bet it's really good." he shrugs, attempting to grab the laptop.

i stand up from off the bed and shut the laptop closed, "it is, but it has to be done before you can read it." i lied. i throw the laptop on the bed before looking over at the skeptical look on his face.

he shrugs, "okay. whatever. ill read it when it's done." he gets up off the bed and walks towards the balcony once more. opening the sliding door, he admires the night sky.

i slip on a cardigan, walking outside with him. he leans forward on the railing while he plays with his fingers. i stand next to him, griping the railing tightly, my fingers cold.

each breath i could see ahead of us, every inhale, every exhale. it was cold. how was he out here with only a long sleeve T-shirt covering his torso?

"we take advantage of this world," he suddenly says. i look over at him, but he keeps his eyes glued to the sky occasionally looking at the street lights. "of our time." he continues. "we don't have much of it and yet we waste it everyday."

i don't say anything, for i don't know what to say. i keep silent, looking away from him and at the street lights once more.

"why do we wait, Andi?" he asks, finally turning to look at me. "we know how we feel. why do we wait?"

i rest my chin on my hands, letting out a deep sigh. "i don't know." i honestly didn't. it's been months since our breakup. I've seen his change. I've physically seen it. so why? why was i so afraid to jump back in?

"we'll never know until we try." he tells me, just above a whisper. im intimidated. intimidated because i know he's going to do something. something ill like, but at the same time won't.

he's still looking at me, and my face is red. i don't know if it's because it's cold or because im nervous. but despite what i feel, i turn to look at him also. hoping id get rid of that nervous feeling. it only grows, though, when we make eye contact.

god, help me. i can feel his warm breath on my face. it allows me to know that he's super close. and that at any second, it could happen.

my hand loosely lays on the railing before i feel the touch of his cold hand on top of mine. it surprises me, but i allow it to happen.

"you're gonna kiss me. aren't you?" i whispered. i was shaking, this cardigan wasn't doing me justice.

"i don't know. can i?" i see his lip tug upwards, and now i know he's teasing.

"yes." his fingertips leave my hand, and trail up my neck. pulling me close, he finally closes the gap between us. we share our second kiss on the balcony of my hotel room, under the night sky in Rome, Italy.

and this time, i wasn't afraid anymore.

END OF CHAPTER FIFTEEN

been a while.

im writing a new book. it's going to be called painting you, and im sooooo excited for it. it's not going to be like every other art fan fic. it'll be way different. not some college art majors falling in love with each other on campus. no. you'll see :)

see ya!