five

after getting dressed in our hotel rooms, we had our only source of transportation: taxi. it wasn't the worst thing but imagine showing up to a rich guys party in a crammed and sweaty taxi. it was better for us though. i heard some people were taking the bus.

this party had our entire class talking, but apparently not loud enough for mrs bruno to hear. cause while she was fast asleep, we all went to Antonio's party.

my girls and i definitely didn't want to be uncomfortable the entire night, so instead of dresses we just wore some casual clothes like ripped black jeans with a jean jacket.

conversation with our taxi driver was so good, even though he was kind of confused by all our screaming, we thought that we'd all chip in to tip the guy before leaving.

as we approached the house, I notice some familiar faces from our class already here and already carelessly dancing.

'kissing strangers' by DNCE plays as we walk in. the lights are dimmed and the roof is covered in smoke. outside, people dance and play beer pong.

"let's get drinks!" Isabelle yells, dragging all three of us with her. she stops at the bar, pouring each and every one of us a shot, and grabbing four limes. she screams before taking her shot and laughs.

the next few hours were a blur but the party certainly wasn't over. I stumbled outside, the cold air hitting my skin. I noticed some people passed out in the yard, and near the pool.

"and who's this pretty face?" a voice says from behind me, startling me. "I'm surprised i missed you."

Antonio.

"hi, I'm Cassandra." I replied, sticking my hand out to shake his. he nods, taking my hand in his and shaking it once.

he stares at me deeply, and it almost makes me nervous. "are you enjoying the party?" now he's standing next to me, staring out at his pool too.

"yes!" I say almost too enthusiastically. "It's very fun." I wasn't used to talking to other guys. especially since I had only gotten out of a relationship so soon. it used to be easy but Antonio was really good looking and something in me didn't want to mess it up by saying something so embarrassing.

in response, all he does is nod and now I'm getting the vibe that he doesn't really talk to women also.

"so, what made you think of throwing this party?" I asked. by now, I was twiddling my thumbs.

he shrugs, "your college friends looked like they really knew how to party and I saw the opportunity and grasped it. It's exciting, really."

"do you want a drink?" He asks, changing the subject. he points to the bar, an eyebrow raised.

I replied sure, and he sent himself over to grab a drink. I followed, pushing past some people to get to the bar. Asking what I like, he poured it in a red solo cup and handed it to me. Antonio drank the same thing, immediately tensing up.

"that was my first drink all night!" he yells over the loud music.

"no way!" I replied. of course i was kind of shocked. he did not strike me as the guy who stayed sober the entire party. well, up until now.

"do you want to dance?" he asks. i nod, grabbing his hand with my free one, my drink still in my other. I took a sip; I wanted to be at least a little more buzzed then I already was so I won't overthinking everything while dancing.

'Acquainted' by The Weeknd played. I felt mesmerized with the feeling of the song in my head. Shutting my eyes, I used my sense of touch to feel him as we danced together in sync.

Occasionally, I'd bump into a person next to me but I never stopped dancing even though I didn't really remember anything. All my worries were thrown out the door.

Antonio's hands rest on my hips, my eyes still calmly shut. I feel them travel up my waist, slowly making their way to the sides of my neck, one of them going behind my head to feel my hair. He lightly tugs, making me open my eyes.

His eyes screamed danger, but I couldn't help myself. My drunk self lusted for his lips. My hand goes underneath his chin, pulling him closer.

'to say that we're in love is dangerous'

Abruptly, our intimate moment was interrupted. A hand pulls him back on his shoulder, making him stumble back and bumping into some people. He curses in confusion, and my eyebrows raise.

Everything's blurry, so I don't really make out what's happening at first. I must've drank a lot within those couple minutes, as I am very lightweight.

It's not rocket science though, to figure out it was Ethan. "what're you doing?" He asks Antonio.

"I'm just dancing with a pretty girl, is that a crime?" He exclaims, suddenly getting angry.

"It is if it's my girl." The emphasis on 'my'. I rolled my eyes, raising my cup once more to drink away this memory so I won't remember it tomorrow, when Ethan quickly removes the cup from my hand and tells me we were leaving.

I didn't fight. I didn't want to. I felt tired yet craved to party more. I look behind my shoulder at a sad but angry looking Antonio standing in the middle of the room. I almost forgot I was with Ethan.

He sat me outside as he called for a ride. My eyes were closed, and I just wanted to sleep right there.

"Cass?" I hear him say in attempt to wake me.

"Hm?"

"I'm gonna put you in a taxi and they're gonna bring you back to the hotel, okay?" He says very calmly. I wondered why he was going to allow me to go alone.

"You're not coming with?" I slurred.

"Are you sure you'd be fine with it?" He asked, probably shocked that I actually wanted him to come. I was scared, I was in a different country and I was also getting into a car with someone I didn't know.

I nodded my head, looking up at him as he towered over me. He sighs, running a hand through his hair. I watched in awe as it flopped back in place, "I need to inform Mia. I'll be right back, okay? Stay put."

Nodding once more, he leaves while I stared at the concrete floor; my shoes kicking up against it. I yawned, rubbing the wetness from my eyes before taking both of my hands and setting them down onto my lap.

A couple minutes passed, and I began getting impatient. I huffed, throwing my head back as I leaned back up against the chair. My vision of everything was now upside down.

Ethan slightly jogs toward me before slowing down as he got closer. The look he gives me says it all. He chuckles, walking around to help me up so we can go back to the hotel.

I was very thankful that Ethan didn't allow me to get murdered tonight. But I knew that once morning came around, I wasn't going to remember any of this.

END OF CHAPTER FIVE

guess who got a snow day and is going to be writing a looooot

so here's 2 chapters in a row