forty two

ethan's pov

"ciao, ethan and andi! i will be personally taking you to ms. flores' home today. follow me if you would." it was a crazy experience to be greeting by a random guy in a fancy suit right as we got off the long airplane flight.

i didn't expect this type of special treatment, as cassandra never informed me about it. i look over to andi who, on the other hand, was loving every second of it. i'm sure she truly felt like a princess at this moment.

when andi and i were settled into the car and driving away from the airport, a series of nerves explored my body. i didn't know what we were going to do once we finally saw cassandra again, and i didn't know what we were gonna do when we had to go back.

this entire thing made me nervous. scared. yet at the same time, the most excited i'd ever been. it's an unexplainable feeling. but even though i was super nervous, i still managed to convince myself to just live in the moment and to try and stop worrying about the past and the future. only the present. it worked most of the time.

the entire ride, the driver didn't speak. andi watched through the windows of all the beautiful architecture, the beautiful people, the beautiful weather. it made me happy seeing her like this.

almost to the point of wondering if we should move here too? but, of course i couldn't. everything i had was back in our hometown. just the fact that cassandra was here, though, was a strong factor in that decision changing.

"we have arrived." the driver finally said as he parked the car in front of a building. he gets out first, opening our doors for us before handing us our bags from the trunk.

we stand in front of a tall apartment building. it wasn't anything rich or modern looking, but it really fit cassandra's liking. it was so simple. i definitely saw cassandra living in these buildings instead of a modern looking home. she enjoyed the simple things in life.

"follow me." he kindly says, walking into the building. andi and i hold our things as we follow behind like lost puppies.

i'd only been to rome once, but it's like i forgot what it was like. just that thought surprised me. coming to rome changed everything for cass and i.

i guess she held onto that by moving here.

the driver tells the receptionist that andi and i are to be sent to cassandra's room. andi's smile grows. "we're gonna see her!" she exclaims, super excited about the entire situation. i nod, smiling back.

don't think ethan, just do.

"tenth floor, room 1024" he simply says. "i'm not allowed up there, so you'll be on your own to finding the room."

i nod, signifying that i got it. he leaves, but not before telling us to enjoy our stay.

"so mysterious." andi says. she does the honors of pressing the up button on the elevator. once we enter, she presses the floor ten button.

i sighed, leaning against the cold wall of the elevator. "don't be nervous, daddy. cassandra will be so happy to see you again." andi tells me in a soft voice.

i smiled, grateful to have her in my life. "she'll be happy to see you too." i say, bending down to hug her. the elevator doors ding open and finally, we're met with the long hallway of the tenth floor.

"okay, andi. let's go find room 1024." i tell her.

she scurries down the hallway, running passed every room, passing rooms 1013 to 1018 and more. i carried our things behind her closely.

"i found it!" she shouts, pointing at the door excitedly.

immediately, the door swings open and next thing i know, cassandra is outside hugging andi so tightly. "i missed you so much!" she laughs, swinging the six year old in her arms happily.

andi's smile is the biggest. when they let go, andi runs inside to explore cassandra's apartment as the view of italy is shown through a large window.

"ethan." cassandra says in a low whisper. at the exact moment i dropped my things at the door, she smiled widely. our hug felt like it must've lasted an eternity. i never wanted to let go. this was our moment.

i recall hearing her whisper how much she'd missed me in my ear, but honestly, it was incredibly mesmerizing to the point where everything was blocked out and nothing mattered more than this.

without hesitation, i tell her how much i love her. the past ten years of my life were spent loving cassandra. i'm so glad i found the right woman to love and cherish for the rest of my life in highschool. she's the one. she's the one, and i'm finally with her again.

"just kiss me, dolan." cassandra laughs, pulling me close. i smile into our long awaited kiss, mesmerized by the feeling i had craved for so long.

this was our moment. i was finally with her again.  everything was perfect once more. everyone is happy again.

END OF CHAPTER FORTY TWO

OMG guys i've been gone for FOUR months??? WOW i am soooo sorry.

i've been stuck on ideas of this book for the longest time. i've been focusing on lemonade a lottt. ive been procrastinating on homework and school.

i've been sooo stressed. IM BREAKING OUT ugh

these are NO excuses. i'm so sorry.

anyway, i HAVE to end this book quick. i cannot take the responsibility of rambling. i need to get to the point lol

thank you guys for being patient. ily all byeee