eleven

girlies ⚡️

mia
hey guys, i found a cool restaurant near our hotel. let's go tonight

aria
bet been wanting to get outta here

me
can't im busy tonight

mia
bullshit

izzy
since when are you busy

me
since today

aria
boooo

mia
ill buy you gelato

me
i'll come

mia
wow you only like me for my money

me
guilty

izzy
wear something fancy !!

me
wait why

mia
just do it

aria
don't question the boss she'll come after you

izzy
aw am i the boss ?

mia
cass don't stay in the room all day, come have lunch with us downstairs

aria
yeah you introvert

izzy
they're serving mini sandwiches !!

aria
and pasta !!

mia
and ice cream !!

me
okay okay ill come

i turned my phone off, falling back onto the bed. sighing, i felt the more tired than i usually did. I'd been up since six, ever since that phone call with Sophia, just writing a sentence of my story on my laptop, then erasing it once I've read over it a bunch of times and realizing it's horrible. then there was occasional staring at the blank screen of my laptop, never coming up with a single idea.

at times like this, my non motivated self wonders if I'm even cut out for majoring in journalism.

i rolled out of bed, literally, before shutting my laptop closed. i slipped my firks on (fake birks), and headed downstairs where my friend group awaits me. i pressed on the down elevator button, glancing down at my phone to check for any update texts from my friends. i waited a couple of seconds before the elevator opened, eventually making a ding noise.

I looked up, flinching in place when i see Ethan patiently waiting in the elevator as well. fuck, is it too late to turn back? he looks up from staring at the floor, giving me a slight smile. yep, way too late.

i return the smile, entering the elevator to stand next to him. i see he's already pressed the lobby button, so I'm guessing he's going to lunch as well.

the elevator lights flicker, sending chills throughout my body. please tell me this hotel isn't haunted. it makes a thud noise, before the noise as a whole stops as well as the elevator.

Ethan becomes alert, standing up straight, "we're stuck." he says, immediately going over to the buttons, pressing the emergency ones.

"no shit." i replied, clearly afraid. well, i can cross this out of the list of things I've never experienced before. i run my fingers through my hair, "what're we gonna do?"

"i don't know, Cass! I'm not a firefighter!" he was definitely handling this well. i could clearly tell he was also afraid.

"you're strong, aren't you? can't you pry these doors open?" i asked, gesturing towards the elevator doors.

he nods, attempting to open the doors as i stood back and watched. he struggles and grunts, "we're stuck between two floors, there's no way we'd get out like that."

"what if we do those things in those movies where they go through the elevator shaft."

"it's risky, cause what if the elevator starts up again?" he says.

i pull out my phone, checking if i had any service. to my luck, i didn't have any.

"do you have service?" i asked him.

"i left my phone in my room." he groans, rubbing his hands in his face.

"why would you leave your phone in your room?" i asked, frustrated. i slide my back on the back wall, slowly sitting myself down. i wasn't very fond of tight spaces. especially when there wasn't a way out as of right now.

he notices my fear, sitting down next to me. he attempts to comfort me by rubbing my back and telling me it'll pass soon. i appreciated the gesture, but i was still freaking out the slightest bit.

"i had no idea you were claustrophobic," he says in a quite tone. "i guess i don't know nearly as much of you than i thought i did."

"well, I've never been stuck in an elevator before, ill tell you that." i sighed, "sorry. i just– i guess i feel like I'm scared of more than just the elevator being stuck."

"what do you mean?" he asks, his hand sliding off my back.

"for starters, we kissed a week ago. the feeling of uncertainty of where we stand is pretty intimidating." phew, i can't believe i said it. we've just been avoiding each other at all possible times. it's pretty impossible to avoid each other when you're in an tiny space with no way out.

he shrugs, "sure i kissed you. but, during the week, i was just confused on wether or not you actually wanted to start over or if you just missed me the slightest and you know, did it to remember how easy it used to be."

did i actually want to start a relationship with him again?

"i remember you telling me why you broke up with me. and since then, i made a promise to myself that i wouldn't let my ego get in the way of us again. losing you was hard. but ill understand if you aren't ready."

"I–" i was speechless. i didn't know if i was ready. not at all.

"I'll wait for you, Andi. I promise."

END OF CHAPTER ELEVEN

im pretty sure im losing my best friend.