Partners

The next morning I wake up at 6:20 to make breakfast and get ready for school. I am so distracted as I head to the class that I accidentally bump into someone. I look up and see who I bumped into. At the moment I see him, I can't stop myself from staring. He's tall, with bronze-red hair and has the most beautiful color of eyes I have ever seen, green emerald. And although the person I bumped into is a stranger, I still can't seem to look away from his deep green emerald eyes. I then realized I been staring and immediately look down at the floor. I apologize, but start blushing at being caught staring at a stranger. I somehow manage to speak to him without saying something embarrassing.

" I'm sorry. I was distracted and didn't see where I was going."

" That's okay

" That's okay. I was distracted as well. My name I Edward, by the way. What's your name?

" Isabella. Nice to meet you, Edward. Where were you heading to anyway?"

" Energy class and you?"

"Same. And we better hurry If we don't want to be late."

" Okay. Let's go."

We arrive one minute early and there are only two seats a viable. I never liked being closer to other people so I go to the seat next to the window. And since there are no other seats available, Edward seats next to me. The teacher, Ms. Swan, enters the classroom and announces we will do a project with a group of four people. I am excited to meet my partners and I look around the classroom to see who I think would the best group to be with. A girl sitting at the last row catches my attention. She has straight bronze red hair, kinda tall, chocolate brown eyes, and has a friendly smile. I recall Mrs. Swan called on her for an answer and her name is Renesmee. My thoughts for some reason go to Edward and I find myself staring at him. I continue to stare until he looks back at me and smiles. I quickly turn around so he can't see my face as bright as a tomato. Somehow, Edward and Renesmee look like brother and sister. Luckily, I stop being deep in my thoughts just in time to the teacher to say what the project is and who our group members are.

" The project you guys will do is make a device that can be used in the future. The first group is Isabella, Edward, Renesmee, and Jacob. The second group is . . . . Now, Isabella and Jacob, please go to the library to get a CD for class."

I nod and notice that Jacob, who is my best friend since the first grade, is staring at Renesmee with a look of a person in love. I shake his shoulder a little and it gets him back to reality while blushing. Jacob and I quickly head for the door. While we're walking in the hallway, I decided to start a conversation to stop him from blushing.

" Hey, Jacob, what did you think of Renesmee? To me she looks like a good person, but what did you think?"

" She seems nice and is really pretty. But I noticed you were staring at Edward Cullen."

I can't help but blush and answer in a low voice.

"The same way you looked at Renesmee. Do you think we stand a chance with who we like? I know I probably don't but you might since she blushed when she noticed you. And she even smiled at your direction."

"Not true. Besides, if that means I have a chance, then you have a chance with Edward as well. He smiled when you looked away and stared at you for a while."

"Ha-ha-ha. Do you think Edward and Renesmee are brothers? They looked related"

"If they are, then we're very lucky."

While talking, we looked forward and saw we got to the library. We got inside and asked for the video, then walked back to the classroom in silence. After we gave the video to the teacher, we sat back down. While the teacher was telling us about our lesson for today, a note was thrown in my direction. I look around and realize the note was from Edward, for he was looking at me. I open the note and I notice he has elegant writing, but what he wrote was more surprising.

" It is a nice surprise to find out we are partners. I can't wait to start working with someone like you. Maybe after your last class, we could go out and get to know us better."

I look at him and blush scarlet red when I notice he's still staring. I am about to write the answer, but at that moment, Ms. Swan asks Edward a question and I hide the note.

" So Edward, what is so interesting about Isabella that you can't pay attention?"

" Nothing, mam. I'm sorry."

She goes back to the front and the lesson is resumed, but classmates look at Edward and me with laughter in their eyes. After a while, they concentrate on the lesson and I choose to do the same. After some time, I concentrate enough to understand the lesson. After the class is over, we are told to be careful and try to get to our right class. While leaving, I notice Edward is kinda red. I quickly shake my head and go to my next class.

I am starting to notice many people I have classes with are always in a group and some already are planning their project product. I also notice Edward and I are in all the same classes, except for the last class. The day goes fast and soon my last class is here shape-shifting figures. After that class, I go straight home.