Rumors

I am leaving the class when I feel touch my shoulder. I continue moving, but stop when I bump into someone. I fall down and when I look up, it's Jacob. He helps me up and we give each other a hug.

 He helps me up and we give each other a hug

" Hey, Isabella."

" Hi, Jake."

" When was the last time we had a fun time.?"

" When we started the project. Remember that we will get together at Renesmee's home tonight."

" I remember. Did she tell you that we started dating?"

" Really?"

" Yeah, I took her to a date and told her how I felt. She said she felt the same way."

" I'm happy for you, Jake."

" And how is your relationship with Edward going?"

" What do you mean?"

" Come on Bells, there is a rumor saying you and Edward go out."

" That's a lie. We are just friends."

" So why is he walking behind us?"

" What?"

I turned around and I see Edward trying to get through the crowd. I turn back to Jacob and he laughs.

" What's so funny?"

" That you two like each other, but don't give it a try."

" I thought we would, but then Anna happened."

" Who?"

" His ex. She thinks I am the cause of their breakup."

" Is it true?"

" No, they broke up a few months ago."

" Then why does she blame you?"

" Because she saw me with Edward."

" Oh, I get it. And she thinks you two were secretly dating."

" I guess."

" And would you date him?"

" No. He acted cold with me. I felt pain and I won't let myself make a mistake."

" Falling in love is no mistake."

" To you maybe, but I can't focus on that now. I have to study a lot of stuff."

" Stop trying to make yourself hold what you feel."

" I'm not. He does not like me. It was just flirting for him."

" What makes you think so?"

" He acted wonderfully, but today he was cold. So you see, it was just a game for him."

" What if something happened?"

" Maybe. Now, Jake, we must separate. My class is here and yours is two rooms aside."

" Okay. See you tonight, Bells."

" See ya, Jake."

" And remember to give him a chance."

I enter the class and when he enters, I force myself to not look at him. Luckily, class starts and he doesn't have a chance to speak with me. I ignore him for the whole period and the day goes by fast. I manage to dodge him, but everywhere I go, someone asks me if the rumor is true. I tell them no and the chances are that we will be only friends. They leave sad, but at least now this truth will spread out.