Date Proposal

I can't stand being here anymore and continue walking. I manage to get out of the park when someone throws a dagger at me. I stop and look at the sky. It's Anna. I sigh and grab the dagger. I throw it in the trash and continue walking. She flies and won't stop following me.

I get inside my favorite cafe' and sit in the center seat. Edward enters a few seconds later and sits next to me. He orders a latte, while I order a cappuccino. While we wait for the things to come, he starts speaking in an embarrassed voice.

" I'm sorry about what happened with Anna."

" It wasn't your fault completely."

" Completely?"

" Yes, it all started because of the rumor you started."

" I never started anything. I just told my sister what happened and I guess that she came with her own conclusions."

" All that matters is the effect."

The drinks arrive, but instead of drinking them, we continue with our conversation.

" I know I acted cold with you earlier, Isabella. And it was because Anna had her brother control me."

" Her brother?"

" Yes. He came to my room and ordered me to have the shoulder cold with you. I didn't know I acted like that until you shook my shoulders. Then I read your note and I remembered what happened."

" Why would Anna have her brother control you?"

" She wants to 'make sure I don't change her'."

" I would never like to be in your shoes."

" I know . . . . . . . And I hoped you would listen and then judge me."

" I listened and I now understand."

" And what will you do now?"

" First, I'll take care of your ex for you .  . . . . .(remembering the rumors and million questions she was asked in one class only) Second, I'll leave and expect you to clear the rumors."

" Thanks. I don't want to know what you will do exactly, but I don't think I want to know."

" You don't. But don't worry. She'll be fine. Might have a bruise though."

" I think I can handle that."

" Good, now goodbye."

" WAIT!"

Everyone turns to look at him but with apology and head shake, everyone goes back to their business.

" What is it, Edward?"

" I meant to ask you earlier if you wanted to go on a date with me."

" I don't know, I respond later."

" Okay,  . . . . . . .bye . . . ."

" Yeah, . . . . . later . . . . ."

Rare Wingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें