Regret

I am thinking about what to do when I remember that tonight we were supposed to work on the project. I get ready in a few minutes and run to the door. I am almost there when the new principal of the school enters my room. 

She has Anna behind her

She has Anna behind her. Her eye is worse than earlier and her wing is partly broken. I sigh and sit on the bed.

" I am here to talk about what happened today, Miss Isabella."

" Of course, mam."

She sits on the desk and Anna stays outside. The principle, Ms. Fleet, starts her punishment and demands answers.

" You know your ability is rare and dangerous."

" Yes, mam."

" You knew it was wrong to use it against someone for a little boyfriend fight."

" It wasn't ---"

" No interruptions. I am not finished."

" Sorry, mam."

" I expected you would keep it hidden. There have been attacks in the school close to here. We think the attackers are looking for you."

" What?"

" As you heard, we think the attackers are looking for the person that could be used as a powerful weapon."

" But why now?"

" We don't know. We believe they have spies in every school. When one has suspicions, they attack and if that person is not the one they want, he or she is killed."

" What will we do?"

" It is an important matter, but right now we are here about the fight."

" But if the attackers come here, then ---"

" I said we were talking about the public fight. We will discuss those matters in my office tomorrow."

" As you say, mam."

" Now, why did you fight?"

" I was on my way here when she grabbed me tightly by the shoulders. I was about to walk away when she told her brother to come out and control me. He did a bit, but I shifted and made him faint. It was a small trick for self-defense. She then attacked me and then someone came and told her to stop. I took the opportunity to escape, but she wouldn't stop following me. So I agreed to a fight and I won. I was about to leave when she launched again and I couldn't stop my fist from hurting her. I said I was sorry, but she was already gone."

" I understand you didn't have much of a choice, Isabella. But you still should have used only a bit of power. Not use your full power."

" I didn't use my full power. I just used it a little bit. I just didn't know that it would still be dangerous."

" We have a solution to solve this problem."

" What?"

" That you leave this boyfriend you two are fighting over."

" But we aren't dating. She thinks that because of a rumor that started because of a little misunderstanding."

" Then I don't understand why she attacked you."

" My point exactly, mam. I tried to tell her the truth, but she wouldn't listen."

" Then I'm sorry to have taken your time. She will be punished and I hope the other guys don't make you have any more trouble like this."

" It wasn't a waste of my time, mam. Now I'm sorry, but I must go. I have to join my friends so I can finish a project."

" Of course, finish it and I hope it goes well."

" Thank you, mam."

She leaves and I leave feeling regret that I didn't try to put a bit of blame on me.