Side Effects

I wake up slowly, but have to force my eyelids to move. Edward is in front of me and he kisses me the instant he sees me awake. He backs off and picks me up. The memories of the last moments come back and I wonder why I'm not in the room.

" Are you alright, Bella?"

" Why am I in your room, Edward?"

" After you fell asleep, the gas took effect that instant."

" Why am I here, though?"

" You hate it?"

" No, no. It's just that I'm wondering how I got here and what happened while I was asleep."

" First, I brought you here. The guards are making sure that your room does not have any trace of that shape or anything related to it. So you'll have a room in front of mine."

" Okay, now the second answer."

" Well, Katherine lost all her strong abilities and now is only able to cure things. She hates it, so she was set free."

" What if her abilities return?"

" They won't. When you beat her, they were transferred to you, so she's weak now."

" What else occurred?"

" My sister and Jacob are in a fight. They fought over who was more stronger. But if you mean important news, then it's that the principle has still not been found."

" How is it possible Katherine hasn't told you her location?"

" She said she never made her be gone. She just found her office and apartment empty, so she used her form."

" How do you she was telling the truth?"

" One hundred lie sensing people claimed that statement to be true."

"Then what happened to her? She could be in trouble, Edward. We gotta find her."

" I know. But for now, rest. You were asleep for a week. You need more rest, so that you can help us find the principle."

" Okay, but I can't rest."

" Why not? Is there a side effect?"

I don't want to admit it, but I can't hide this fact from him forever. Building up the courage and forcing myself to tell the truth, I speak in a low voice.

" I can't use my abilities, Edward. I tried as we were talking, but I can't use them."