Chapter two: Zira's point of view

Taka and Zira came to the savanna where they had run into each other, where Huduma was searching frantically. When she saw her daughter, she breathed a sigh of relief and ran towards her.

"Zira!!!" She exclaimed. "You scared me, where were you?" She then noticed the king and prince sitting bedside Zira. "Ahadi." She said distastefully. "Surprising to see you here..." She growled. "in the outlands."

"I wish I could say the same, Huduma." Ahadi answered. "My son met your..." He glared in disgust at Zira. "daughter today, and brought her to the pridelands."

"The pridelands???" Huduma looked at Zira with fear. "Why were you in the pridelands???"

"I-I got lost, mother. Taka was just trying to get...." She looked at Taka, who looked scared beyond reason. His eyes were saying, please don't tell him about Mufasa, please. "Um...he was trying to get help to get me home, because we didn't know how to get home."

"Well, Ahadi," Huduma started. "No reason to get worked up with the fact that they became friends. it was merely to get Zira home. It's not like-"

"Pridelanders and outlanders must be separate!!!!!" Ahadi yelled. Huduma started to get tense. Ahadi looked at Zira, then Taka spoke up.

"But dad, what's really the-"

"Taka, no one talks when the king is speaking!!!" He growled at his son. "They are not like us."

"They? Us?" Taka asked, getting a little angry himself. "Look at them. What difference do you see that I-"

"Taka!!!!!" He yelled. "No one argues with me. Especially my own son. I'm disappointed in you."

"Big surprise." Taka mumbled, then Huduma tried to defend the young prince.

"Ahadi, you can't do that. He's your son. I'm sure Uru would be disappointed in you."

"I'm the king, Huduma. I can do whatever I please. And keep Uru out of this!!!!" Then he looked down at Taka and picked him up by his back. Huduma picked Zira up by the scruff and went back to their den, while Ahadi took Taka back to the pridelands.

Zira was silent for the ride home. When they did return, Jerahah was the first to confront them. "Huduma!!!" He exclaimed. "Why were you gone so long? We finished training before the sun started going down!!!"

"We had a..." Huduma paused. "Minor setback. If you'll excuse me..." She passed Jerahah and walked into the den, where her other daughter and son were waiting.

" She passed Jerahah and walked into the den, where her other daughter and son were waiting

"Mother!!!" Almasi yelled in surprise. "Guess what I did today??? I pinned Mabaya!!!

"Only because I wasn't ready, but then I pinned Almasi back!!! She had no power against me!!!"

Zira was glad to be home. While her siblings were training to be evil, they were actually some of the sweetest cubs you'll ever meet. Her sister Almasi was the oldest, leaving her brother, Mabaya, the middle, and Zira the baby. She and her siblings would spend many hours at a time just playing and spending time with each other.

Putting Zira down, Huduma smiled. "That's wonderful, dears." She looked back out at Jerahah, and sadness entered her eyes. "Come, children. I want to show you something." She led the three cubs outside the back of the cave to avoid Jerahah, and layed down on her belly. Almasi, Mabaya and Zira layed down on their backs and Huduma started talking. "Look, children." Huduma said. "Up in that sky, all of the shapes and forms the stars make, that's the great kings of the past telling us something."

"Like, what's going to happen?" Almasi asked.

"It could be that." Huduma answered, then she pointed to a constellation. "See that one, the one that looks like two cubs playing?" The cubs nodded. "I think that that one means that prince Taka isn't done with finding a friend in Zira."

"You met prince Taka today?" Almasi asked.

"Well, it certainly was a weird way to meet someone." Zira laughed awkwardly. "I got lost while out hunting today, and wasn't looking where I was going. I kind of ran into Taka, knocking him over. He was pretty nice about it."

"Taka seems like a very sweet cub, Zira. But I'd be careful around his father, Ahadi. That goes for all three of you."

"I understand, mother, but how did you know King Ahadi?"

"A long time ago, when I was your age, Ahadi's mate, Uru, was my best friend. She still is to this day, but I  never get to see her anymore. I met Ahadi when we were all still cubs, and let me say, he was pretty bossy and brag-gy. Uru seemed to have a crush on him, and they started going out on little adventures. One time, Ahadi's father, Mohatu, had to save them from the elephant graveyard and the hyenas. Mohatu was very disappointed in his son, and as the king walked Uru home, Ahadi angrily went back inside pride rock. No matter how many lessons Mohatu gave him, Ahadi refused to listen. In his eyes, the king could do whatever he wanted."

"So that's why he got angry at you objecting his disappointment in Taka today. He felt that it was no one's place to tell him what to do."

"Yes. Now, when Ahadi grew up, he made Uru his queen. While Ahadi only wanted one cub to be his heir, his wish wasn't granted as Uru had twins."

"Taka and Mufasa." Zira said, unsure where this story was going.

"Yes, Zira. Taka and Mufasa. Now, as Mufasa was the older son, Ahadi took more pride in him, giving him a name that meant 'king'. But Taka, the younger of the twins, was looked down on by Ahadi. He gave him a name that meant 'rubbish' or 'garbage'."

"That's awful."Almasi said softly.

"Yes, it is. Uru and Mufasa do love Taka, but Ahadi feels as though he's just there for trouble." She looked away from her cubs and back at the stars. "Honestly, I'm a bit concerned about what will happen to Taka when they get home."

"Mama," Zira started. "What's that one mean?" She pointed to a constellation that looked like a massive wave.

"I don't know." Huduma answered. "Maybe the great kings are trying to warn us about something."