Chapter fifteen: Scar's point of view

(short chapter again, sorry.)

As Zira snuggled deeper into Scar's mane, he looked out into the outlands. He felt as though he was the king of these lands, and with his mate by his side, she would rule as queen. However, he never forgot his mother's dream of how the pridelands would be run someday. He knew that he couldn't just ask Mufasa to rule that way, his brother had betrayed him. The day when Zira went to see his new nephew, Simba, Mufasa came to his cave and confronted him about not coming. He had called him Scar, the name that his father had given him in replacement of his birth name. What he went by. What he was.

Scar had to think about this. How could he make his mother's dream come true? Peace between the pridelands and the outlands, peace with the hyenas...how could he make peace without...

An idea sparked in Scar. His nephew. Simba. He was a daring cub. He could be easily talked into anything. Scar smiled and left Zira's side, slinking back into the cave.

"Scar," Zira called back. "What are you doing? Where are you going?"

"I'm going to see my nephew, and give him a little...heart to heart." Scar answered before slinking away. He knew where he could send Simba. The elephant graveyard, where the hyenas lived. That would get Simba out of the way. Then, he just had to think about Mufasa. How could he dethrone his brother?