Chapter twelve: Zira's point of view

As the great sun started to set, the cubs started to get very tired. Zira didn't know how to tell Scar, but she was getting very spooked. She'd never been out in the outlands after dark, and there were rumours of hyenas on the loose. Zira was timid, but she had to keep going. She had to help Scar find Kifaa.

On and on they journeyed, deeper into the heart of the outlands. Zira's tounge started to feel dry, she was thirsty. But she kept pressing on. For Scar. Eventually, they were both too tired to move anymore. They sat down, looking around for a place to rest. Spying a quiet little savanna, they walked over to it, laying down in the tall, soft, grass. Zira only wanted to rest for a moment, but as soon as she closed her eyes, she fell asleep.

The next thing Zira knew, she was waking up to Scar's yells. She jolted upright, seeing a huge hyena on top of Scar. the hyena was at least twice their size, her pelt a dirty gray. Mixed in were gashes of blood. She was growling at Scar.

"You thought that you could get away with this so easy, prince Taka...well surprise. We've found you."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." Scar stuttered.

"Don't play dumb with me." The hyena growled, pushing her paw into his throat. "Your father wiped out half of our pack. You killed my son, my daughters, my mate." She stared him down. "Shenzi is the only one left to carry on our pack." She raised her paw to strike. "You will pay for what you have done."

"Leave him alone!!!" At first, Zira thought that her thoughts had somehow come out of her mouth, but she was proven wrong when a full-grown lioness jumped out of nowhere, pouncing on the hyena, shoving her off of Scar. The hyena looked up in fear at Scar's rescuer, who was on top of her, staring her down.

"Kifaa..." The hyena stuttered. "Um, hello. I was only-"

"I know what you were doing, Kinga." Kifaa growled. "Who are you to want revenge on Taka when you sent your own daughter away?"

Kinga growled. "Do not speak of that traitor!!! She abandoned the pack!!!"

"She didn't abandon anything, Kinga. You were simply too angry at Banzai's pack to forgive Shenzi for befriending him." She got off of the hyena. "Leave this place, Kinga. Go find your daughter."

Kinga got back onto her feet. Taking a final look at Scar, she growled, "this isn't over."

Kifaa watched the hyena leave before she bent down to Zira and Scar. "Are you alright, little ones?" She asked kindly.

"You... you're Kifaa!!!" Scar shouted delightedly. "You're my mother's sister!!!"

"So I am, young prince." Kifaa answered with a smile. As the sun started to rise, Zira and Scar got a better look at their rescuer. She had a burnt sienna pelt and a light underbelly. A bit of fur sat on the top of her head, and her dark green eyes were full of kindness.

"Now, what are two cubs such as you two doing out here all alone?" Scar pawed at the dirt, suddenly becoming very quiet.

"I...I don't know how to tell you this...my mother, Uru. She...Ahadi found out her ancestry with Outlanders, and she died. I'm...I'm so sorry. Zira and I didn't know where to go."

Kifaa's smile dropped suddenly. "Uru?" She asked. "My...my baby sister? Gone?" Tears flickered in her eyes, but she just blinked them away, hanging her head.

"I'm so sorry." Scar said again.

"You have nothing to apologize for, young prince." She said, forcing a smile. "come, you may stay as long as you please. And you?" She looked at Zira. "Who's daughter, may I ask, are you?"

"I'm...I'm Huduma's daughter." She squeaked. "My mother and siblings are gone. I've nowhere to run."

"Well then let's go to my cave." Kifaa smiled. "welcome home, children."

(Hey, guys!!!! So, looks like you're still here? Good, I'm glad you're enjoying this story. This is the last chapter where Scar and Zira are gonna be cubs. Yep, that means you might meet Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu soon!!! If you guys have any recommendations for this story, comment please!!! I would love to hear your all's ideas. Love you guys!!!)