00. When I was with you

"Come on, Daikicchi it's not funny!" A blond whined, holding an orange basketball as he strode toward his blue-headed friend, a pout on his face

"Come on, Daikicchi it's not funny!" A blond whined, holding an orange basketball as he strode toward his blue-headed friend, a pout on his face. "It's not my fault I tripped," he added in a whisper as he saw his friend double over.

"Sure, whatever you say Ryo," the blue managed to answer between his laughter.

"It's okay Ryota-kun," a quiet voice called out from behind the blond. Unnoticeably tensing at the voice he hadn't expected, the taller male snapped his head the pale blue's way, his shoulders jumping slightly in the process. Pale blue eyes met the blond's golden ones, "Daiki-kun is simply relieving his stress," he stated, his face wearing a small amused smile.

"Mou, Tetsuyacchi, you're so mean to me!" The blond retorted with a childish attitude not befitting of someone his age. The action which aimed to make the blond look cuter only elicited a stifled chuckle from the shorter man.

"Ha! I knew you were old Ryota, but I didn't expect you to lose your balance like that!" A tall redhead barked from behind the small male, a grin etched on his face as he made fun of the pilot. "Being old sucks, eh?" He rhetorically asked, laughing at the blond's clumsiness.

"I'm not THAT old," the blond stated firmly before remembering how he had passed the forty-year-old milestone a few years ago, his shoulder slumped in dejection. "A-anyway, you're only two months younger Taigacchi!" he countered, trying to regain some composure.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night," the tiger replied as he calmed his laughter. Swiftly moving in front of the still pissed blond he stole the ball from him, letting it spin on top of his finger. "Anyway, you up for another defeat?" he challenged, a smirk on his lips as his eyes glinted a predatory light in anticipation.

"Aren't you too slow though, Baka-mine?" A tanned made defied, having executed a perfect dunk after stealing the ball from the flaunting redhead. "'Cause from where I am, I think you're the who's going to get his ass handed," he smugly stated before letting go of the basketball hoop.

"Ah? You're on Aho-mine, don't come crying when I pummel ya!" The American answered as he got fired up, slamming his fist together in a show of motivation, he strode to the tanned male who stood in the middle of the court, the basketball in hand.

The blond's pout faded as he shook his head defeatedly. "Those two never change, do they?" he asked no one in particular, though the small blue head next to him seemed to nod in agreement. "They even went back to calling themselves by those old high school names," he sighed before unconsciously lowering his voice. "Makes me feel even older."