07. Cyrillic Script

"Shuzocchiii!" the green childishly whined as he wrapped his arms around the raven's shoulder

"Shuzocchiii!" the green childishly whined as he wrapped his arms around the raven's shoulder. Standing on his tiptoes, he put his head on the boy's fluffy hair. "Why can't I play the match against Shōei Junior High?"

The soon-to-be vice-captain already used to his friend's tactile nature didn't bother to brush him off. If he did the boy would whine more, and he didn't have time to deal with his shit.

Ignoring Mikaël's flow of words, Nijimura kept his attention on his other teammates as they elaborated a strategy to play against Tokyo's fourth-best Junior High.

The players, already used to the model's tantrums, cleverly ignored the first year as they intently listened to the first year who they knew could be considered their "vice-vice-captain." Shōei Junior High wasn't an opponent they could underestimate.

And, as Mikaël absentmindedly listened to his team's strategy, his mind drifted to him. Teppei Kiyoshi, Teppeicchi, a feral grin etched itself on his face, his golden pupils glistening with orange light as he chuckled in slight anticipation.

Mikaël hadn't seen any match featuring the Uncrowned King in his life. He had played once against one of them, but not the Iron Heart. If he remembered correctly, by the time Kise joined Kaijo, the boy had hurt his knee.

Right, was he already hurt he wondered as he halfheartedly listened to the strategy meeting. Probably not, he would have stopped playing sooner otherwise.

Speaking of a hurt knee Ryota's golden eyes unknowingly traveled to his knee as he let go of his friend to sit on the floor in a more comfortable position. His hands reached for his leg, slowly massaging it.

He did hurt his leg at some point in his former life. He knitted his brows into a frown. He had to be careful this time around, who knows what could happen otherwise.

"A problem Mikaël?"

Startled by his name being called out, Ryota's eyes widened before blinking a few time as he stared at Shuzo who had called his name. Curiously tilting his head to the side, he let a grin adorn his feature as a questioning hum escaped his lips.

Refraining a sigh, Nijimura shook his head. "Do you have a problem with the plan, you seemed troubled," he elaborated, arms crossed over his chest as he sternly gazed at the day-dreaming teen.

"Whoa, of course not Shuzocchi!" Ryota answered hurriedly, as he rubbed his left earlobe, a sheepish smile on his lips. Noticing the dubious stare of his friend, he gulped. "Promise Shuzocchi, my mind was elsewhere, sorry?"