52. The Meaning of an Affair

Thin lips slowly curled up into an enchanting smile, bell-like laughter slipped past a pair of pink lips to reverberate against the cold walls of the study

He brought a hand to his mouth, suddenly aware of his laughter before fake coughing and focusing back on the letter in his hands. Cristal blue eyes gazed over the marble white paper, following the black ink of every character with meticulous care.

Having read the letter another three times, the man neatly folded the paper before carefully tucking it back in the cream-colored envelope. He hummed to himself in thoughts, his long and slender fingers rhythmically drumming against the armrest of the sofa.

There was a light knock at the paper door before it carefully slid open to reveal the figure of a masked man. "Zhihao," the male whispered as he neared the Asian man on the sofa.

Zhihao lifted his head, his eyes glinting with concealed surprise at the sight of the younger Guardian. It wasn't often Makariy came to him, usually, both males met only for official missions requiring both their services or meetings.

"Makariy," he greeted, a pleasant smile painted on his beautifully curved lips. "Did Lyosha send you?" he asked, gently putting the envelope away in the fold of his cheongsam.

The Cloud Guardian gave a minute nod at the question.

::

Landing in Tokyo early in the morning with the jetlag to boot wasn't something Ryota was a fan of. It didn't matter how many flights he made from one side of the globe to the other, or how many hours he could go without sleep, jetlag remained a terrifying after effect.

Stepping down of the stairs and onto solid ground, he stretched his arms, rolling his shoulders and cracking his neck as his lips opened to let a tired yawn escape him. His eyes teared up from the fatigue as he sent his brother a side glance to check on his physical state.

Fran wasn't in much better shape, eyes half-lidded and green pools clouded with unhidden tiredness he heaved a drowsy yawn, a hand to rub his eyes and another to scratch his head. His apple hat was nowhere to be seen as it had dispelled the moment he fell asleep on the plane.

Ryota's gaze softened, his hand absentmindedly going to ruffle the younger's messy locks of green, his smile deepened when he felt Fran lean into his touch, a satisfied moan escaping the younger's lips.