23. To Protect

Watching through the high definition screen as the two candidates made their way to their respective spot, Natalia smiled in satisfaction

"Now, resuming the instructions," she began as she turned to face the rest of the assembly, her voice gently reverberating in the school building with the help of multiple speakers.

She pressed her remote control and a green hologram, representing the whole school building, was projected. "Each candidate has been given a target, which was chosen based on their Boss' current aptitude," she began, showing two humanoid dolls to the two groups.

"Be it physical aptitude and endurance or their looks, we were careful to make them as close to the original as possible," her voice trailed off, and she pursed her red-tinted lips. "I hope neither of the party will take offense in those representations of their Leader," she asked, lightly bowing to the groups.

"Now, displayed on the side is the level of endurance each doll has. The gauge will fall as the model receives damages, once it reaches zero, the battle will end, and we will have our winner. Simple, isn't it?" She asked a light smile painted on her lips as she tilted her head to the side.

Seeing the groups before her more or less nod in understanding, her smile deepened, she chuckled. "Great. Now, of course, rules do not stop there," clearing her throat, she gestured at the led screen and hologram.

"First, it is forbidden to, completely destroy the school building," she stressed. "Second, every type of attack is allowed so long as it doesn't breach the first rule," her eyes seemed to glint, and she laughed to herself as if she had remembered something funny.

"And last, but not least, as an advantage for winning the first round, Sir Tsunayoshi's team will receive an advantage," she paused, humming to herself. "Well, I suppose considering the puppet on their side, an advantage wouldn't hurt."

Her brown eyes flickered to the Varia, and her eyes narrowed in a cat-like manner. "Of course, that is, only if the opposing party approves of these terms," she added, waiting for the assassins to speak up.

Squalo pursed his lips, and his brow twitched. "Voii, of course, we won't accept your shi—"

"It doesn't matter."

Natalia nodded, ignoring the silver head's foul mouth, she pressed her earbud. "Copy that. Since Sir Xanxus' Lightning Guardian has accepted the terms, an advantage will be given to Sir Tsunayoshi's Guardian."