14. Seirin for the Win

"So, you're going to Seirin?" Mikaël mused, absentmindedly sipping on his vanilla milkshake, his golden eyes settled on his light-blue-haired Junior

"So, you're going to Seirin?" Mikaël mused, absentmindedly sipping on his vanilla milkshake, his golden eyes settled on his light-blue-haired Junior. His gaze drifted to the window. Things weren't so different from his former life. The GOM would disband, each going their way to form the best team.

Kuroko nodded, his eyes listlessly stared at his drink, not taking a sip he kept his hands wrapped around the cold beverage. And, like before Kuroko would try to get them back on the "right path." Back to the sport.

"Why?"

Blue eyes lifted themselves at the question, he blinked, letting some light back in his dull pupils. A ghost of a smile hovered over his lips as he silently took a sip of his drink.

"They really love basketball," he began, his lips thinning into a small almost unnoticeable smile. "I think," he paused. The grip on his cup got slightly tighter before he relaxed it. "I think they are a great team!"

Mikaël, though a bit startled but not all that surprised by the emotion in the younger's voice, grinned. He sank into the red bench seat, pushing his empty drink away from him. "Well, I'll trust your eye Tetsuyacchi," he confirmed before leaning into the boy's direction. "But they are a bit weak. Overall I mean."

"It doesn't matter," Kuroko answered, not missing a beat and oddly enthusiastic. "They are the light, and I'll bring them to the top."

Ryota chuckled. "Right, the brighter the light, the stronger the shadow," he murmured, his eyes crinkling in reminiscence.

Kuroko didn't add anything, his eyes rested on his ex-Captain, and he somewhat felt like the other suddenly aged a lot. It was at such odd times that his eyes displayed this peculiar wisdom only adults showed.

"Well, I'm sure you'll find your light," Ryota whispered, his voice carrying a deep sense of comfort to Kuroko's heart, hearing these words the blue confirmed his resolve to go to Seirin. Mikaël's words were like magic.

Similar to a spell they bewitched his mind, he could only nod and follow them. Thinking of this, Kuroko thought— no, he knew. Had Mikaël opposed his idea, he would have surely reconsidered it. Perhaps not changed his mind, but his mind wouldn't have been as at ease as it was now.

Ryota noticed the somewhat peaceful expression on his friend's blank face and couldn't help the genuine grin from tugging at his lips. He ruffled the boy's hair. "Anyway, Teppeicchi will be here. It should be fine," he added in a sing-song voice, unbothered by the scowl on his cute Junior's face.

Ah, Junior. Ryota truly loved to use this term on Kuroko. How their role had changed!

Watching as Tetsuya sent him a glare full of meaning, Ryota smiled. It seemed Tetsuyacchi's spirit was much better now.