25. Emperor

Makariy had but, one love

Makariy had but, one love. One family, Larissa.

Oh, sweet, sweet Larissa. Once a renown Poison Master. A feared Cloud Guardian. A Puppeteer with an exceptional network.

Orphaned, sweet Larissa would raise poor, poor Makariy. Protect him. Teach him. Guard him. He was, after all, her baby brother.

So why, why sweet Larissa? Why would you go, never to return?

Larissa, Aleksey's Cloud Guardian, died while visiting one of her contacts. An art dealer by the name of Kozato Makoto. She died, on the same night as her contact and his family, leaving only one child behind. Another orphan.

This news, Makariy learned of it two days later, when his Boss, Aleksey, appointed him as Cloud Guardian in his sister's place. He was the most skilled, the one who knew her researches, network, and skills best.

The best person to carry her legacy.

So Makariy, despite sharing close to no feelings of loyalty for his Boss, only fear, began his life as Guardian, using his skills to develop deadlier poisons, more incredible cures.

But most of all, he would use this newly acquired information network to search for the Flood of Blood's perpetrator, and then, in the most painful and satisfying way, he would kill them.

Such great prospects.

Truly, it made him sigh in delight.

So of course, when every clue tended to point in Sawada Iemitsu's direction. The Vongola's CEDEF's Boss, he didn't hesitate to plant numerous rats into the Italian mafia.

Who cared about diplomatics? He wanted information and would get them. Whether they be in the Vongola, CEDEF or Varia, if Iemitsu was his target, these groups would hold the key.

That was ten years ago. He was twenty.

::

A peaceful smile etched on his face, Ryota appeared perfectly fine and happy, devoid of any fear. His golden eyes were crinkled, highlighting the dark bags underneath them.