01. Into the New World

"Captain, we should get ready soon we need to check the engine before going," one of the stewards reminded, a piece of luggage in one hand as the other held a cup of hot coffee

Cracking his golden eyes open, the blond stretched a yawn escaping his lips in the process. "Really," he muttered absentmindedly his eyes flickering to his wristwatch before he sat up. "Tell Kobayashi to take care of it," he instructed as he stood up. His left hand reached for his pilot cap as he started to stride toward the exit. "I need to take care of something else."

"Vice-captain Kobayashi," the brown head attendant repeated in confirmation. "Alright, then I'll see you later captain."

Kise didn't spare the steward another glance, waving his hand and humming in acknowledgment, he took his phone out reading over the few missed messages he received while napping. One of them was a lovely message from his phone operator, his bill to be precise. The others came from the few group conversations he belonged to.

The first group, "Vorpal Swords," where were most of his friends from junior high, was asking about an upcoming meeting. A date to play a game of basketball and spend the day together. It also seemed like this time Satsuki would join them making them reunite as their old team once again.

On the second, a group in which were some of his old basketball mates from Kaijo high, Yoshitaka had begun to ramble about how cute his partner looked in everything they wore. Myriads of pictures were lined up, each accompanied by gushing and cringe-worthy comments from the former ladies man.

A chuckle escaped Kise's lips as he noticed few of his former teammates had left the group. Most probably tired of the raven's texts, he would have to add them back once Moriyama stopped his flow of praise. Maybe when he landed in Macao.

Scrolling down his missed calls, he noticed one had left a voice message. His finger hovered over the contact name, a giddy feeling spreading through his body as he stared at the ID, pure adoration veiling his golden eyes.

Love <3

Clicking on the name, he started listening to their voice. Hearing them made his thoughts drift to his friends. Perhaps telling them about their relationship and making it official would be a good idea?

The sound of the phone beeping sounded for a few seconds before the other took the call.

::

Clouds of dark smoke rose in the sky, bright flames fluttering with the wind as they seemed to escort the haze higher and higher. Time seemed to have stopped, it was as if they were alone in the world, a different world. Everything appeared apocalyptic, the corpses sprawled on the dusty ground, the shouts and cries of desolation echoing throughout the night, the metallic scent of blood mixed with the fuel's oily odor.