60. Blue Elites

"Who was that, Captain?"

Steel-blue eyes dazedly stared at the phone screen. "Kise's old teammate," he muttered.

"Then, probably someone from Teiko," Moriyama stated, a hand under his chin as he stroke one of his 'handsome poses.'

Coach Takeuchi grunted. "When will he get here?"

Kasamatsu blinked. "Ah, ten to fifteen minutes, Coach."

"Mmm, we'll begin without him then."

::

"—and then there's Moriyama-senpai, he's a third-year like Kasamatsu-senpai and Kobori-senpai, and he always asks me to introduce him to some girls," Kise ranted from beside the green on the passenger seat. "He says that he plays basketball for girls, all for the sake of cute girls and—"

"And isn't that your case too, Ryota-kun?" Mikaël cut with a teasing smile, his golden eyes sliding to give the blonde a sidelong glance. "After all, I'm sure you have many fans cheering and waiting for you during practice?"

"Mou, so mean Mikacchi-senpai!" Kise whined. "And if we're talking about fangirls, Senpai has just as many if not more!" he pouted.

"Ara, looks like I'm busted," Ryota sighed, a sly smirk dancing o his lips. "But still, you have a rather interesting team, Ryota-kun," he said, eyes gently narrowed as he reminisced in his memories of Kaijo. Since the GOM were in their first-year, it meant that the Kaijo players were much younger than when he last saw them. He hummed to himself, "Cute."

"Hm? 'You said anything Senpai?" Kise asked with a small tilt of his head. "I didn't hear you."

"Ah, cute," he reiterated. He noticed the slight confusion on Kise's face and chuckled. "Your team must be cute I mean, all of them sound pretty adorable to me," he grinned— though he would never have had the guts to say that to Kasamatsu's face in his former life.

The blond's jaw slacked open as he stared at the green head agape. "Cute?" he cried surprised. "That— I mean, I'm not saying that they aren't, but that's not the word I would have used to describe them," he mumbled, his voice growing smaller as he fell into a contemplative mood. Cute? As a joke maybe, but seriously? He wasn't sure.