17. Remnant

"A-ano, good morning," Chrome shyly greeted as she bowed to the green head before her

"A-ano, good morning," Chrome shyly greeted as she bowed to the green head before her. Her cheeks were dusted with a light pink color as she refrained herself from stuttering even more.

Leaning against his door frame, Ryota unamusedly stared at the trio. His hair was messy from waking up and clothes in disarray from his sleeping position. He mentally groaned at them but openly sighed. Closing his eyes, he rubbed the bridge of his nose, hoping that once he opened them, the teens would be gone.

They weren't. Oh, such a shame.

His languid golden eyes silently wandered from one teen to another, and he assumed without much difficulty, that they were Mukuro's people. After all, one was Chrome, his guide out of Kokuyo Land, and they all wore this Kokuyo uniform. It wasn't hard to guess.

Well, though a bit disappointed M.M. wasn't part of them, he plastered a fake yet genuine looking smile on his face. "Well, come in, come in," he ushered, turning around to lead the way to his living room.

Leaving them to sit, he went to the kitchen. He mentally patted his back. Fortunately, Claude wasn't here. Who knew what he would say upon seeing those beat up teens?

"'You want anything to drink?" He asked from the kitchen as he poured himself a cup of orange juice. His hand deftly reached for a pack of cereal and some bowls before he retrieved a clean tray.

Hearing the muffled answer of his guests, he took three cups from his cupboard, a bottle of water and a milk can. Not forgetting to retrieve the first-aid kit underneath the sink, he made his way back to the silent living room.

"Here," he said, handing the first-aid kit to Chrome as he put the tray down. "For you and your friends," he explained before slumping on his seat and pouring some milk over his cereals.

Chrome took the pack, whispering a small thanks, she awkwardly took some gauze and alcohol before turning to face Ken and Chikusa.

"Tch, leave it," Ken muttered, snatching the alcohol from her as he took some cotton from the box. She bit her lips, turning to look at Chikusa who was already tending to his wounds in silence.

Putting the bandage down, she poured herself a glass of water and silently waited for her "comrades" to finish. In the living room, only the sound of Ryota's spoon hitting the bowl and Ken and Chikusa's bandaging was heard for a while.