61. Yaksha

"Right

"Right. I saw your first match would be against Shogocchi," Mikaël casually stated from his seat next to the blond Small Forward. "Aren't you excited? Which one of your skills is the most powerful, mmm?

Kise's gulping of his water bottle momentarily halted, he scowled. How come Haizakicchi got a nickname but he didn't? Screwing his bottle cap, he mindlessly set it aside, a visible pout adorning his face. Unlike his usual mask, this pout had in it more genuineness than fakeness.

"Mou, why would I care about him?" he whined, snapping his head to look the green's opposite way. "It's not like Haizakicchi and I are close or anything. Shouldn't you call him if you want to know?"

Ryota blanky stared at the younger before bursting into laughter, he doubled over himself, finding the scene particularly funny when he compared to his past. "Now, now, Ryota-kun, no need to get all pouty on me," he teased, his hand carefully combing the blond's sweaty locks.

Kise rolled his eyes, nevertheless waiting for Mikaël to arrange his hair, he grabbed a dry towel to wipe some sweat off before standing up. He stretched his arms, carefully massaging his wounded knee for a second before he jogged up to the court, 'I don't hear you!' he sang on his way.

Ryota chuckled, golden eyes slightly darkening when he saw the special attention the teen brought to his knee. His eyes traveled downwards to look at his kneecap before his attention shifted to his left wrist and prosthesis hand. His brooding mood brought his mind back to the Mafia with whom he frequently got entangled recently, then the Bratva.

He thought back on the silvery blond man back in Russia, presumably his 'father,' progenitor was more appropriate he mused. Thinking of Aleksey made his mind drift to Devdas, then Natalia and Makariy, all three of them that he wasn't well acquainted with. There was also Zhihao, his 'Martial Brother.'

He sighed, when did human relationship turn so hard— no, it was better to say that previous relationships didn't involve possibly dying from one misstep or foul word. He closed his golden eyes, leaning back on the bench to look up at the ceiling.

In the 'Future' that he saw, he was the Pakhan of the Bratva. Under him were two of his closest friends, a kid with whom he felt an indescribable connection, and two males who more or less tortured him once in Tokyo when he first got involved with the Underworld.

Did he really need to be part of the Mafia?