32. Regroup

"Kufufufu, won't you all please shut up?" Mukuro drawled upon waking up, a sickeningly sweet smile on his face as his voice dripped with unhidden sarcasm

"Mukuro-chan!" M.M. exclaimed first at his voice, throwing her neatly dressed self at him for a hug. "I missed you so much!" she added, the blue head casually avoiding the girl.

"Welcome back, Mukuro-sama," Chikusa acknowledged, dipping his head the adult's way in greetings. Ken quickly followed his words with another welcome.

Ryota observed from afar, his body leaned against the wall, as his golden hues carefully eyed the heterochromatic eyed adult in front of him. The Illusionist had longer hair than before. Scattered all around his figure, the man expertly tied them all in a low ponytail.

"Master," Mikaël's eyes flickered beside him to see Fran's smaller figure enter the room. The boy yawned, merely nodding at the man who supposedly taught him everything.

The male waved at his pupil, letting his eyes fall on the green head next to him. "Oya?" he voiced with a raised eyebrow, an amused smirk dancing on his lips as his eyes glinted with mischief.

"My, you haven't changed one bit since I last saw you, Mika," the man greeted. "What is your secret, tell me?" He asked, his eyes seeming to gaze earnestly into Mikaël's golden ones.

Ryota pursed his lips, lightly biting his lips as he reached for his left earlobe— Fran raised an inquiring eyebrow, not voicing his curiosity. The teen felt the two cool gems under his fingertips and habitually relaxed his tense shoulders.

"My secret?" He repeated with a dry laugh. His head tilted to the side as he plastered one of his usual sham grin on his face.

Mukuro's eyes glinted. "Kufufu, yes," he stressed, appearing before the teen in a cloud of indigo. "Your secret."

Ryota unconsciously took a step back. He prevented himself from frowning. "I—"

"Shh," Mukuro cut as he placed one of his long fingers in front of the boy's mouth to shush him. "Hearing it from you isn't the same as hearing it from him," he taught with a sly smirk.

Ryota clasped his mouth shut, his golden eyes trained on the older's white finger before he flickered his eyes upward. They were so close, he dazedly mused. The man in front of him seemed ethereal as if he didn't belong to this world, without knowing it, Mikaël squinted his eyes.