66. Kiss me Goodbye

There was a still silence over the court, only the sound of the basketball rhythmically hitting the concrete echoed as the two parties faced off

Golden eyes patiently switched from one figure to the other, effortlessly catching sight of the hidden blue-haired boy, before refocusing on the ones in front of him.

He exhaled. His breathing was steady, his grip on the ball unshakable, and his gaze was sharp. He wondered for a second, whether or not he should use his Flames just yet before mentally shaking his head.

They were only warming up, why use his trumps now when he had the whole day to display them?

He grinned, catching the blond off guard before chuckling.

"Ne, Ryota-kun, do you really think that you'll be able to stop me?" he taunted, his gaze never leaving the blond's figure.

Kise returned the grin with a feral smirk, his eyes glinted. He was about to answer the taunt when his captain's voice reached his ears. He grimaced, right, he needed to be careful off his knee.

Mikaël gave a low chuckle, don't lose focus he reminded his underclassman before dribbling past the momentarily distracted blond. His movement was fluid, unhesitant as he dribbled forward.

Although he couldn't see him, he knew Kise was on his heels, most probably cursing himself for his inattention and Kasamatsu for his momentary distraction.

Ryota continued forward, from the corner of his eyes he noticed the dark blue-haired teen charging for him. He grinned, while Aomine's current skill couldn't compare with Future Aomine, the current one was much faster and nimble in his movements.

He was about to make a turn on himself before dodging the male but noticed the mop of discreet blue that aimed for his ball. Barely dodging Kuroko's hand, he passed.

"Sorry, sorry, Tetsuyacchi!" he carefreely sang as he blocked the shorter teen from going forward to help out his teammates.

He didn't bother to check whether or not Reo got the ball in. It was three versus three, with Aomine, Kise, and Kuroko on the same team. Aomine was the one likely to cause troubles, but he was confident in Nebuya's skills when it came to guarding him.

Kise would soon reach Reo, but from this distance, it was no trouble for the Shooting Guard to score. The orange ball easily fell in the loop, awarding his team a point.