45. Goal

"So tell me how was your match against Daikicchi, Tetsuyacchi?" Ryota beamed from beside the blue head as they walked to the basketball court

"So tell me how was your match against Daikicchi, Tetsuyacchi?" Ryota beamed from beside the blue head as they walked to the basketball court. Not too far from them were the rest of the Seirin team with Junichiro conversing with Kyoshi.

Kuroko hummed to himself, his blue eyes apathetically staring forward as he thought back on the match against Too Academy. He remembered the defeat, the look in Aomine's eyes, that feral glint full of bestiality, fierceness, strength, boredom and disappointment.

Disappointment in both himself and basketball.

Kuroko's heart squeezed at the thought. He cast the green head a sidelong glance before replying. "We lost, Aomine no, Too was stronger than us," he stated, a shadow looming over his blue irises.

Ryota silently hummed to himself, his golden eyes narrowing, "what was the score?" he offhandedly asked, ignoring the slight discomfort in the shorter boy and the sudden tenseness of the nearby Seirin players who eavesdropped on them.

"122 to 55, for Too," Kuroko managed to whisper, barely maintaining his voice as flat as usual.

Mikaël didn't answer, closing his eyes in thoughts he missed the blue head closing his hands in tight fists. Ryota didn't know the exact score of Seirin and Too's first match in his former life. He was aware of Seirin's defeat, and although it pained him to admit Aomine was stronger at the time, it remained Ryota always thought of the tanned male as a goal to achieve and rival to beat.

"That's a good score," he exhaled as he fluttered his golden eyes open to glance at his ex-mentor. "For Too, but Seirin didn't do so bad, I mean, Aomine's team only has powerhouses," he muttered, more to himself than to Kuroko as his mind drifted to his fellow Uncrowned Kings back at Rakuzan, he snorted. Too's powerhouses weren't so impressive compared to them.

Kuroko bit his lower lip, his Senior's mutter not going past his ears as he relaxed his grip. "I guess so," he answered unconvinced. "But we'll beat them, as a team," he declared, his pale blue eyes brazenly staring into Ryota's bright golden irises.

Ryota didn't answer immediately, his baffled look at the younger's outburst lasted for a few seconds before gradually morphing into a proud, almost peaceful look as a grin broke on his face. "Of course, I know you can do it, Tetsuyacchi," he praised, his hand reaching for the shorter's locks to ruffle them before it got swatted away.

Tetsuya shook his head, denying the older's word. "I won't, we Seirin will beat them, then Murasakibara-kun and Akashi-kun's team. We will beat every one of the Generation of the Miracles' teams," he swore.