13. Life after the Sport

"A pleasure to have you today Lamarre-san," the journalist greeted as he guided the teen inside the studio

"A pleasure to have you today Lamarre-san," the journalist greeted as he guided the teen inside the studio. "Thank you again for accepting our invitation."

Mikaël returned the greeting with a smile. He lightly dipped his head. "The pleasure's all mine, but please call me Mikaël. Thank you for the invitation."

Laughing good-naturedly the reporter shook his head. He took a seat across the green head, a low table separating them. "Then Mikaël-san, or should I say The Wizard," he introduced as he laid a microphone on the table. Taking a block note from his bag, he leaned in his seat. Ready to begin his interview.

"First of all, congratulations for your last Nationals and for successfully graduating," Mikaël hummed, nodding in thanks. "As the rising Generation of Miracles' Captain, you must feel quite proud of them for their achievements, right?"

"Of course, but I think that even without me they would have managed," Mikaël humbly replied, already used to these interviews and how to manipulate the flow of the conversation from his past life.

"You shouldn't be so modest. Even the best soldiers would be useless without a good leader," the brown head casually admonished. "Though, this leads me to our main point, the rumor of your retirement."

Gold pupils darkened for a second before brightening once more. To leave basketball behind eh? Such thoughts would have never crossed his mind before.

"As a promising basketball player, the one dubbed The Wizard or Le Magicien, for your prowesses and impressive skills in the sport, could you tell us more on these rumors?"

Gently rubbing his jewelry's gem, he bashfully smiled. A chuckle, he whispered. "Ah, well this nickname is a bit..." doesn't it make me seem like a total virgin? Refraining these thoughts, he cleared his throat. "Thank you for the compliment."

The man grinned. "From the information, we gathered it seems you didn't transfer to any High School famous for its basketball team. Much like The Iron Heart," he added. "Do you perhaps plan to create a team from scratch?"

"Ah, no," Mikaël denied calmly. "I transferred to Namimori Senior High School specifically because it didn't have a renown basketball team. Or club in general."

"Is that so... Then why not enter one of Tokyo's High School instead of one from the suburbs. I do not intend to be rude, but I think our city offers a wide range of schools, don't you have your modeling career too?"