Chapter 1

One...

*She ran up the stairs of the plane, holding all the emotions back, and as soon as Oliver and Sara were laughing happily inside, sharing the stories of the past and getting a firm grip of everything Felicity didn't care of right now, Felicity went to the cockpit and told the pilot with a gulp and a shaky voice, "Take off." *

Two... Three.... she counted in her head.

* The polot started to object, "But Black Widow's sister-"

"I know," Felicity held up a hand to silence him, "I know she isn't here but she was here to pick up me and I-" Felicity cursed under her breath, "Am not allowed to leave the City!" Suddenly the fierce (and scary even) warning that Detective Nass delivered to her sprang to mind. Felicity put her head in her hands.

"Give me a moment..." she muttered turning her back to the pilot and calling Detective Lance.

"Miss Smoak?" Lance was on the other end busting his butt on the reports that just happened to land on his desk. "Hey, what's up?"

Felicity pushed loose hairs out of her eyes, "I'm great, fantastic really." Sarcasm was dripping through her voice and she knew that she should be more in control of her feelings, but she wasn't.

"Does the police know who actually cooked up the virus and spread it around because Detective Nass told me that I couldn't leave the city and I need to take up this job right now - as in right now since the plane is here - but I don't know if I'll get in trouble for going."

Detective Lance said in a hush tone, "You're leaving? What about our common friend? I thought you worked for him?"

Felicity let out a steady breath looking over her shoulder making sure that the pilot didn't understand her, "I can't pass this up, he'll be better than fine without me."

"Umm, yeah, you're free to go... Be careful," Detective Lance added, "and don't be a stranger."

Felicity let out a breath and nodded hanging up, "I won't. Thanks."

"Oh, and uh... Felicity?" Lance looked at the phone and shook his head thinking that it was nothing and that she had other things on her mind.

"I'm all good to go, let's fly..." Felicity knew that she had a fear of heights and as she walked out toward the sitting area she pulled out her phone to call Diggle, but she saw Steve Rodgers.

"Ma'am," Steve Rodgers greeted her with a bright smile standing up in a respectful manner. "Where's my..."

"She's staying with Oliver for a couple days. Apparently they're old friends," a tear slipped out the side of her eyes.

"Ma'am?" Steve went to her side and put a hand on her lower back in a comforting way while the plane took off. "Are you alright, ma'am?"

Felicity just rolled her eyes and took a guess, "No? ... I don't know what I'm feeling right now, so I can't really say..."*

Four... Five.... Six...

* When Felicity did arrive in New York, she took the first cab into the middle of the City. She stopped outside Stark Tower and just looked at the place.

"Wow," she murmured to herself looking at the building.

"Yeah," Steve sighed running his fingers through his hair. "Big, glassy, tall, and has a hero's name written on the top. Way too much is you ask me," Felicity let out an exhausted laugh.