Chapter 10

Felicity quickly jumped for the phone as soon as the words came out of her mouth. "Yeh, you know what Senka, all of a sudden I have to go and deal with some problems or something and-"

"Or 'something' would be correct," Oliver took a step forward her.

"I just have to go, I look forward to seeing you in Starling," Felicity hung up the phone and started to jump in. "I can explain why she said I was on the Island."

"Yeah, you better," Oliver took a step toward her and she swallowed. "Why on Earth would you go there? Especially when I wasn't with you to protect you!" Felicity could see Oliver's veins pounding in his neck and she couldn't meet his eyes.

"Listen, Oliver-"

"Believe me, Felicity, I'm listening," his voice was hard and final.

"I went back because..." Felicity couldn't come up with a quick enough excuse. "Because... Because I wanted to see if I could survive there."

Oliver's hand traveled up into his hair, "What were you thinking!? You wanted to see if you could survive? What if you hadn't? What if you had gotten hurt, Felicity! Did you think of those things?"

"Of course I did, Oliver! I'm not an idiot but I knew I could handle it! And, sure enough, I was right!" Felicity screamed. "I know that I could have died, but I was willing to risk that chance! It was a slim chance anyway, it was just a training session!"

"'Just'?" Oliver squinted his eyes in disbelief. "I lived on that Island for five years Felicity! I know that Island like the back of my hand! You can't put the word 'just' in there to describe that hell!"

"It wasn't that bad, Oliver, I had help unlike you, I was fine," Felicity was trying to calm him down but he was failing miserably.

"Alright then," Oliver said crossing his arms, "how'd you get that scar?"

Felicity shifted uncomfortably, "What scar?"

Oliver walked up to Felicity and her breath hitched. Oliver smiled deviously and suddenly the mark on her shoulder burned. Oliver's hand trailed up Felicity's arm and she clenched her fist. Oliver's hand went to her sports bra strap and played with the band.

"I don't know," he said teasingly, "maybe this one?" Oliver's hand traveled down to where a bullet was once lodged into her shoulder.

"Okay," she muttered looking up into his eyes, "I didn't know which one you were talking about."

"You only have two, one inside your mouth-" That I've felt, he didn't add, "and this... You have more than two?" Felicity looked around guilty giving him an unconfirmed yes. "Show me," he ordered.

"Oliver I don't think-"

"Show me," his voice was stern and not to be argued with.

Felicity didn't want too, it was kind of in an inappropriate place but then again Oliver has seen every single part of her in the past. She took a deep breath and even though her cheeks were just begging to blush, she denied them and unbuttoned her leather pants.

Oliver gulped, seeing her flesh again was hard but Oliver told himself that she was just showing him her scar. Nothing else was on her mind... Oliver secretly hoped something else was though.

She took her shoes off first and then pulled her leg out of her pants and she placed one on the chair in the kitchen in front of them. Felicity bit her cheek and stared ahead not wanting to watch Oliver's expression.

Oliver sat in an empty chair and he touched her pale thigh. "How?" he whispered clenching his jaw. "How did this happen?" Felicity shivered and Oliver continued this light-as-a-feather assault.

Felicity forced her eyes to stay open and sighed. "It was a knife. I jumped in front of a girl that was trapped on the Island - Senka. She was hiding from a man and I thought I could lend a hand along with Natasha. I pushed Senka and got trapped in the crossfire."

Oliver put his head in his hands not wanting to look at her scar along her inner thigh any longer. "Felicity you're very brave," he didn't know what else to say. Somehow deep within himself he knew that her pain was his fault. He wasn't there to protect her, he could have protected her... "Do you have any others?" he asked to confirm his conscious.

Felicity shook her head and turned to put her pants back on. "Felicity? Fel-ic-ity... Tell me the truth do you have any more scars?"

She cursed under her breath, "Yes..."

"Show me," he looked into her eyes and she saw he pain that was there.

"This isn't your fault, Oliver," she whispered taking his hand.

"I said show me."

Felicity bit the inside of her cheek again and she pulled down her bra the slightest to reveal a symbol that meant 'strength'.

"What's this one for?" Oliver asked running his thumb against the natural bump of her chest.

Felicity closed her eyes and tried to think clearly. She thought back to that night where she had recovered the worst physical pain in her life. Felicity pulled away slightly suddenly feeling the blisters of heat pushing onto her skin from a metal stick that was warming up over a fire.

"This one... This one I got by a man called the Riddler," Felicity could remember being in that cold warehouse in New Mexico. Her screams would create a cloud of hot air. "He burned me when I didn't answer his questions correctly," Felicity bit her lip to keep from crying. She remembered the pain and sizzling smell of her flesh burning.

"You only have this burn?"

Felicity said simply, "In the truth be told I was a lot smarter than him."

Oliver nodded and took in a deep breath trying to control his anger and new found quest to kill 'The Riddler'. "Do you have any others?"

Felicity shook her head.

"Felicity if you lie to me one more time I'll give you a scar myself, I swear to god," Oliver's voice was deadly and she turned around and put her foot on his knee backward so that he could see her heel.

"I... This one was given to me by a man called Bane. He believed in the worst torture... He would take small horse whips and beat people with them. Their feet - specifically since it's one of the most tender places on the skin... When he got bored, he started cutting feet." Small scrapes were on her heel and Oliver almost cried for Felicity.

"Are there any else?" Oliver asked. "Felicity! Are there any else?"

Felicity shook her head, "No, no there's not." Not any that are visible, Felicity didn't added. "Are you okay, Oliver?"

Oliver didn't answer her question. "Are you?"

"If I wasn't do you think I'd be here still with S.H.I.E.L.D?" Felicity took his hand and put his hand over her heart. "She's still beating good and strong, don't worry about me."

"I will always worry about you, Felicity, there's no changing that," Oliver's voice was low and seductive and Felicity smiled.

"Good," Felicity maintained her fast beating heart as Oliver could clearly tell since his hand was on top of her chest. His hands slid under her arm and pulled her a little closer.

And wouldn't you know they would be interrupted again?

"Felicity!" Natasha came bursting in the door.

Felicity jumped I front of Oliver just like in her training. "What? What is it?"

Natasha hit the floor and fell against Felicity. Felicity had never seen Natasha so rattled and disorganized much less sobbing - tears of dread no less.

"Nat!?" she screamed. "Answer me!"

"Sara... Sara..." she coughed and choked but couldn't say it. She just couldn't except it...

"Sara's what?" Oliver asked at Felicity's side like a boulder that was standing tall. He took Natasha's arms and set her agonist the couch. "Where is she?"

"She's not anywhere," Natasha cried. "Sara's dead!"