Chapter 6

Felicity stood unmoving. The only thing she did was blink, several, several times.

I'm not the same person, I'm not just some IT girl, Felicity, hold it together! She thought letting out a deep and steady breath; she could handle this.

"Don't Oliver, don't do this to yourself, okay?" Felicity tried to convince herself to face him.

The memory of Oliver she had been holding inside her head since they met didn't even come close to comparing to him in real life, the images on her computer didn't do him justice either.

In the dark of the night she couldn't see his face very well, but she could see the leather jacket that hugged his body and the dark blue designer jeans that hung low on his hips. Felicity started to think that her computer lied to her and Oliver planned on wearing that outfit just to tease her.

His voice was rough and distant and she could tell that he hadn't gotten a good nights sleep for a while. "Well, you seem to be making quite a few decisions these days," Oliver snapped, "so whatever you say, Felicity." Oliver's voice was severe and clipped - full of anger and disapointment.

"You're talking about S.H.I.E.L.D?" Felicity's ears didn't deceive her that Oliver had a hard time saying her name aloud. "Yeah, I am making a lot of de-"

"I'm talking about everything!" Oliver took a step out of the shadows and Felicity took one step back unconsciously. It was hard enough to see him and hear him now, if he got too close she might crack. "Why. Did. You. Leave?"

Felicity wasn't prepared for this, she knew that one day she would meet Oliver again and he would ask this question but she thought she had more time! She didn't have an answer for him. She didn't want to give him one so she gave him the best excuse that sprung to mind. Basically a lie...

Lying was something that Black widow was also teaching her, so she said as smooth as she could, "When... The day that Sara came to get me at the plane, I saw something in you that I didn't see when you were with me." This was true, a spark in Oliver was burst into flame when Sara came back into his life. That fire caused Felicity to leave, but that's not what she was going to tell him. "I saw that you saw she had strength and could defend herself. I saw that you wouldn't need to worry about Sara, she could handle herself. You could be yourself around her, you had more things in common with her than you did with me. She could carry on a conversation about weapons and bombs and guns and things I knew nothing about. At the time, I didn't want to know about them. That's not what I was looking for either," Felicity suddenly realized that she was only wearing her Victoria Secret sleeping wear and suddenly felt very vulnerable.

"When the Count took me, you came after me without a second thought, and you had to kill him because I couldn't escape his grasp. You're heart almost died with me when I was infected with the Three-day Virus. I was a vulnerability to everyone around me, Oliver," she forced his name out and waited for his response. She thought about what she said to him, I guess I was a lot weaker than I thought...

"I needed to get stronger, I needed to go and leave, and I'm sorry if I hurt you while I was gone."

"If you were so concerned with yourself being a vulnerability, then why do you fly back here?" Oliver asked. "Why do you come back here at all?" Oliver's heart was beating so fast that he thought it would fall off the tracks and fall to it's death. What the hell, though, right? His heart had already been through so much and Felicity delievered the worst of it to him!

Felicity swallowed and blinked again, "I come back here to help you." Felicity admitted pointing the several screens that came up around them when she tapped a button, "I fly back every Tuesday through Thursday and help you with your nights."