Chapter 38

"Nice try," a booming vice filled the room and both Arthur and Oliver glanced around the room to find where the female voice was coming from, "but you take one more step towards her and-"

"And what?" Arthur asked curiously cutting through her badass act. "Are you going to kill me?"

"No," Black Canary showed herself from the shadows in the warehouse. "I'm thinking about letting natural causes can take you away, like... starvation? Or maybe burning to death? Ooh!" Sara clapped her hands together, "What about freezing to death! That would kind of be slow and painful, right guys?"

"'Guys'?" Oliver tried to push his shoulders off the table so that he could get a better look around in the darkness. He could make out multiple shadows and wondered who all Diggle and Sara called before they came into the room to get Felicity.

Felicity hung her head, the adrenaline rushing out of her system like the water flowing down a waterfall. The world slowly fading out around her; she did hear a voice though, a voice that sounded a lot like her father.

"I was thinking of giving him a taste of his own medicine," Johnathan Crane walked up to Arthur who had raised the gun at him. "What are you going to do, Arthur?" Johnathan asked fearless standing in front of Dr. Light. "Shoot me? Go ahead; I've been your puppet for too long, and if you want to kill me, do it."

Arthur raised an eyebrow, "Johnathan, you're sick... You need your medicine," Arthur tried to reel his forced companion into his web again like he did so many months ago, but somehow, Arthur knew Johnathan wouldn't fall for it.

"You're embarrassing yourself," Sara jumped down from one of the wooden beams that helped keep the warehouse up and she landed lightly on her feet. She pulled out her boe staff and rested in against her forearm in a relaxed stance. Sara knew that Arthur wasn't going anywhere.

John Diggle emerged just like Sara and Crane had. "Felicity has friends..."

"If you mess with her, then you mess with all of us!" A figure in a green costume stood tall and fearless holding a bow pointed at Arthur's head. Her body didn't fill the suit like Oliver's had, but Oliver was thankful that at least she was wearing it and not someone else. The suit seemed to fit her spirt somehow, like it was made more for Shado than it was for Oliver.

"Get the point?" A red outfit was standing at Shado's side, which Oliver knew to be Roy.

"Send the message, to whoever dares to try," Diggle growled.

"Don't pick a fight with the Arrow's Guild," Arsenal's mask hid his identity but he felt like taking it off so that he could look into Arthur's eyes and have fear strike him like the fear he had delivered to Felicity.

Oliver was surprised to hear the name roll off Roy's tongue when they hadn't ever discussed it before.

The 'Arrow's Guild' had him all surrounded and would've gladly take their shots and killed him, but for some reason, everyone waited for Oliver's command even though he was tied up at the moment.

There was a moment that passed between all of them, none like had ever happened before in the past. Their hearts beat in unison, they're minds connected with one goal: To save Felicity. Oliver noticed something while he glanced at all of them in the dark: He brought them all together, but Felicity kept them together. She was the glue to hold the family as one in unity, and he couldn't have been happier about that. Everyone on his team, or 'Guild' or even 'Family' had a certain role to play. Diggle was Dr. Phil, Sara was the cool sister that you would call in the middle of the night when you were too drunk to drive, Roy was the annoying little brother that was wise - once in a blue moon - and Shado was the knowing Wise One that kept the peace. Felicity was the mom that helped you with whatever problem came into the road, or the little sister that babbled too much while Oliver was the poster child for bad behavior and anger management issues. But, with Felicity at his side, he seemed to get more control of his emotions and think clearly.

Dr. Light knew he was outmatched; greatly. He slowly lowered his gun and even though everyone wanted a piece of Light's blood on their hands, Shado and Sara kept him alive while Diggle went to unlock Oliver's binds.

"No," Oliver almost yelled and shook his head, "no, no, no - get her first."

"Oliver-"

"Get her first," he ordered.

Diggle glanced at Johnathan and noticed his careful hands moving to release his daughters' wrists and ankles. Blood spilled from Felicity's open mouth and Johnathan shook with rage slightly, the drug that had been admitted into his system for so long was starting to wear off, and he was thankful for that.

"Fire?" his rough hands touched her tender skin but she stayed where she was. "Fire?" he broke the hold on the metal binds and went to work on her feet. "It's alright, honey, we're all here..." He pushed her chest back and tipped up her head to get a look in her eyes.

"Felicity?" he whispered as his hands hesitantly bent down to touch her neck and rested on her pulse point. "Felicity..."

Oliver's binds were broken and he stumbles the few feet to her side. "Felicity?" he sputtered collapsing by her side and taking her hand.

"Oliver?" Felicity whimpered, "Are you okay? I tried to fight the binds, but-"

"I'm fine, Felicity. You did well," Oliver thought it was utterly ridiculous how Felicity seemed to be wondering about his health when she was the one that was looking like she was about to collapse from exhaustion. "Let me getcha outa here, you're gonna be fine."

"I'm sorry, Oliver," Felicity's mouth felt dry in the cold blizzard. Her hands were finally starting to go numb so she wasn't feeling anything. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the baby. I was trying to spare you the heart break I went through," she whispered clutching his hand as her head rolled back against the neck rest of the chair.

"No, no, it's okay, don't apologize," Oliver started to move and pick her up, but he was bleeding excessively from an arm, and shot in the leg. If he carried her, it wasn't going to end so well on his part.

Felicity shook her head, "I have to, before I die, I ne-"

"No."

"Oliver-"

"Felicity, no," Oliver's voice was final. "You're not gonna die. Felicity, you're gonna be fine." It wasn't up for a discussion with Oliver. She couldn't die, not now. Not like this.

"Felicity, you're gonna be fine," Oliver didn't know who he was trying to convince: Himself, or Felicity.

Just glancing over her injuries, she didn't seem fine, but Oliver knew that Felicity was strong enough to pull through this. She had to be, she couldn't leave him, not now...

Felicity's eyes fluttered closed and Oliver noticed. He put a hand to the side of her face and cradled her cheek. "Felicity?" he whispered, a lump starting to form in his throat. "No..." he cowered away from her cold body. "Felicity? Felicity!"

Diggle touched Oliver's shoulder and Oliver gripped his hand so hard, he thought he was going to break one of the bones. "She's not breathing, Diggle..." Oliver's voice was urgent, and loud so that everyone could hear.

"Diggle, she's not breathing!"