Chapter 34

Oliver shook his head not believing it even though the proof was right before him. “Are you sure?” he asked Sara and Diggle.

They both nodded, “100 percent.”

“Where is she?” Oliver asked, almost giddy. “With Arthur?” They nodded again. “Call Amanda, get her on the line and tell her I want Felicity found ASAP.”

Diggle complied and went to fetch his phone. Sara stood by while Oliver paced, “How did you realize it was planned?”

Sara shook her head, “I didn’t. Diggle did, you should give him your praise. I wouldn’t have caught it, but he had been staring at that paper for a while before I even got there. I felt so stupid afterwards, I’m the one who taught her that trick so that if she was trying to send me a message, then I’d catch it – but I didn’t.”

Oliver placed a hand on Sara’s shoulder in a friendly way. “At least we caught it, that’s all that matters.”

Sara nodded and flashed Oliver a small smile. “You need to eat something,” she noted. “Let’s go, I’m hungry for Chinese.”

Oliver was about to object but Sara wouldn’t have it, “Diggle is calling Amanda, she’ll find Felicity and we’ll be on our way. Until then, we’re going to go eat something!”

Oliver’s feet moved as Sara pulled him out the door and after a few steps, he went willingly. His stomach was growling for long green beans and chicken on a stick.

Oliver liked walking with Sara, she didn’t make things too heavy to talk about, and she asked him questions not concerning Felicity too much or his mom. She didn’t hold judgments in her eyes about not going to the funeral, and she made him laugh things off.

Oliver asked Sara about how Felicity was doing in Starling City, and she answered honestly. Oliver even asked Sara about how Nyssa was doing and Sara was surprised at his consideration.

“Wow,” Sara let the word slide through her lips.

“What?” he asked curiously looking over at her with a queer expression.

“I didn’t expect you to ask about her, that’s all, you hate her,” Sara laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t hate her,” Oliver denied, “I just hate the way she goes around killing people.”

Sara rolled her eyes, “You guys aren’t so different, you know.”

“How’s that?” Oliver wondered.

“You’re so key on getting results, you have a line drawn and you’re prone not to cross it,” Sara explained. “We, not just her, but me too, have a line as well, it’s just different from yours.”

Oliver didn’t believe it, “And what is that line, Sara?”

“To bring justice to those who are forgotten, to bring avenge those who are gone,” Sara explained. “If I ever died, I would want my murder to be put in the grave, too.”

Oliver looked over at Sara, “Really?”

“Yeah,” Sara admitted. “I would, yeah… I mean it sincerely, I really would want my death avenged. Not just by anyone either, I would want it avenged by Nyssa.”

Oliver looked over at Sara and saw the twinkle in her eye at the mention of Nyssa’s name.

“You really do love her, don’t you?” Oliver noticed.

Sara blushed, for the first time he had ever seen and nodded in confirmation. “I really, really do…”

“Why don’t you two get hitched or something?” Oliver felt weird saying that she should get married since he was about to be tied down himself, but he kind of liked being tied down… To Felicity he wasn’t down at all, he was flying higher than ever before.

Sara laughed and held up her hand, “You didn’t notice this before did you?”

Oliver grabbed her hand and saw where the thinnest of a silver band was. It was wiggly and swerved around her finger. “Wow, Sara, how long have you had this?”

“For a while,” Sara shrugged. “I wore it as a necklace when I first came back and no one new about Nyssa and I, I didn’t want questions asked and then I would have to explain… but I didn’t care anymore when she visited me in New York and saved my life… Again,” both Sara and Oliver laughed. “I’m glad you have Felicity like I have Nyssa,” Sara wrapped her arms around Oliver’s shoulders and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Yeah, me too,” Oliver sighed and looked away. “What do you think he’s doing to her?” he whispered squeezing her arms that were wrapped around his neck lazily.

“I have no idea, but he wanted her for something before in New York City, and I have a feeling that he wants her for something now,” Sara removed her hand and put a dumpling in her mouth. “These taste a thousand time better in-“

“China?” Oliver wondered and nodded his head. “I know right? I feel like they put something in there to make them taste better, and I keep thinking that if I take more bites I’ll learn to like it.”

Sara threw her head back and laughed, “I think that Felicity is a lot stronger than we both think, I think that she can handle anything.”

“Even torture?” Oliver squeezed his eyes shut not wanting to think about it.

Sara flinched and put a hand over to her forearm where her most recent scar was. “I think that Felicity has already been tortured and she’s came out on top,” Sara moved hair out of the way of her eye sight. “I think that as long as Felicity has that one thing to keep her grounded, to keep her mind of whatever fear of pain is around her, she’ll be okay.”

Oliver nodded, “I wish I was there with her.”

Sara put her hand on his back, “I know you wish that, I do too.”

“Were you and Felicity close in New York?”

“No,” Sara elaborated, “she never really evolved herself around me. I tried to spend time with her and she was always friendly, but I think a part of her knew that I knew you, and I was ruining her chance at a fresh start? I reminded her of you and the memories you carried with her.”

Oliver’s phone rang as he threw a leg over his bike, and Sara did the same to her own. “Dig? What’s up?”

“Amanda found Felicity,” Diggle was driving down the highway toward the given address out in the middle of nowhere. “I have your suit and bow and arrows, Oliver, just meet me at 755 S. Avenue. I grabbed Sara's stuff too, just in case she was gonna come."

“I’m already there,” Oliver hung up and threw the Chinese white empty box aside in the trash can. He pushed back the kickstand and cranked the gear.

"I really need my own suit," Diggle muttered to himself turning sharply on the side of the raod, "a ski mask just doesn't do it anymore.”
He told Sara shifting his weight to the side and speeding off down the road, "Let's ride."