Chapter 5

"I wish I could get your vote in this, but Diggle and I are right..." Felicity said to herself that night, looking at the computer screen watching Oliver grieve by himself when all of a sudden he jumped up and ran out of the room.

Felicity turned over in her sheets to get a better look at where he was going. Down on 30th, down onto Story, and around to... Clock Lane...

"Oh, snap!" Felicity ran off the bed, screaming, "Why is he coming here?"

What am I going to do? What am I going to do! God, he can't see me! Oh... A thought dawned on her, If he sees me, I can ask him how he's doing and know if he's alright...

He can't see you, dumb-dumb! Move, hide, run, gooooooo! her subconscious yelled nervously.

"Where exactly am I going to go?" she asked herself. She picked up her phone and called Diggle, the only person she really could in a situation like this. "He's on his way here, John! What do I do?"

"Umm..." Diggle's tied voice was trying to connect with his brain. "Oliver? Oliver is on his way there to see you? I don't know, but I would suggest that you start to tell the truth if he walks in and sees you standing there watching him on one of your computers."

She heard an engine running outside and the broken clock towers glass was all cleaned up so she had a clear view to look out of. Oliver hopped off his biked and she shook her head.

"This can't happen, why is he even here?" Felicity whispered into the phone.

"I don't know, it was kind of your place, right? To look over him?" Felicity shook her head when Diggle suggested that.

"No!" Felicity thought about it, as she heard the front door down stairs slam. "... I don't think so? Oliver can't see me!"

She heard a squeeky noise, a scream from the old rusty door, boot footprints on the floor, heavy breathing behind her.

Felicity's breath hitched as she spun around, eyes wide, curious, worried, and a little scared about his reaction. Would he be happy to see her? Angry? Upset? Scream at her? Forgive her?

His uneven breath was jagged when he said, "A little too late, don't you think?"

*** That day an hour after the accident ***

Oliver hugged himself as he sat in the dark, Sara beside him rubbing his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him.

"It'll be okay, Oliver," Sara was soothing trying to calm him. "We'll get payback on him..."

"We don't even know who 'he' is!"

Sara looked down at Oliver who was hugging her chest trying to remain in control. "What are you talking about? Of course we do, it's Scarecrow."

"What?" Oliver was confused, "He calls himself 'Scarecrow'? Why? That even worse than the Hood," he chest ached when he used Felicity's phrase that she has said such a long time ago.

"You don't remember him from the Island? For a while when you first got to there, there was Yo Fé and his daughter Shado. Slade came along later, and he had a friend named Jonathan Crane. Don't you remember?"

"A lot of stuff happened on the island, Sara, I had some pretty serious injuries," Oliver explained to her. When he woke up on in Hong Kong, he lost a good chunk of his memory. Slowly he got a lot of it back, but some things he never remembered.