Chapter 14

Oliver leaned in, so close Felicity could smell the cologne scent coming from his neck, which she knew she would never forget, just like she never forgot the first time Oliver kissed her.

Oliver put his hands down at her waist while pulling Felicity closer and closer into his chest. Felicity couldn't stop her heart from pounding in her chest. Felicity's blood flowed rapidly through her whole body - yet she didn't blush - eyes just fluttering closed and open again and again like this was a dream.

Oliver looked down at her, his eyes dulled by the murky clouds and hard core rain.

Caressing her supple cheek, he lifted her chin; their noses almost touching. She could feel the warmth of his breath brushing the top of her lip. She started back into his hardened grey eyes. An explosion of total silence and serenity overwhelmed them both. The true meaning of life, the love, and the utter wonder on both of their faces, hoping this moment would never end. Knowing that for both of them, this may be the last time to prove there melancholy love, so strong, so deep, and yet so sad to never want to let go, to the meaning of life.

Oliver's lips were so warm in the rain being pressed against Felicity's - they reminded her of soft, little fluffy pillows. Felicity couldn't help feeling the adrenaline of her heart when Oliver took her hand in the rain. Felicity felt like the last six months, three weeks and now two days never happened. She felt so protected and secure in his presense, that she hadn't taken much notice of where he was leading her, which was back aganist a bench. The one that Oliver had braided her hair on, the one that Felicity wanted to stay at forever.

The scenery was so exquisite, that it left her breathless to the shimmering of the water on both of their bodies as Felicity pushed Oliver down to sit on the bench. Felicity couldn't help the blush that came to her cheeks, another something that hadn't happened in a while. Felicity couldn't hide the sound of her heart pounding inside her chest, or hide the fact that she was falling head over heals for this guy all over again. But, if she was honest with herself, she never really fell out of love with him. At times the pain was just dulled so she could breathe and hold up appearances but she would always be in love with Oliver.

Felicity remembered in that moment when Oliver was staring at her with an intense blank gaze of smugness almost when he would speak every word with affection six months ago in the mansion when Felicity and Oliver had been closer than ever. 'Love', would make her hands go numb, 'you're my' would set off her heart as a ticking bomb, and 'I love you' meant the world to Felicity. I love you, was the only words Felicity wanted to hear in the world from Oliver Queen. I love you, was the message of bells that rang in her ears, as she had become Oliver's woman to cherish.

He looked up into Felicity's eyes, the ones that told him that in this moment she was his, and he was hers and that a spork was created between a fork and spoon.

Oliver leaned forward on the edge of the bench, placing his elbows on his knees and his fingers stroked up and down on her legs. His eyes were the color of the rain, clear and deep seeing as Felicity towered over him - playing with his hair like a child. Felicity thought that his eyes emphasized the freshness of his appearance and gave light to his beauty; but in the rain, his eyes looked vulnerable. But Oliver Queen? Vulnerable? Wasn't likely.

From the non-existant pressure of his hands, Felicity could tell he wasn't nervous, per say, but in this moment they were both timeless. Nothing existed in time as rain fell. No eggarness or need to be rushed, but knowledge that in this moment the separation between them was needed.

Felicity leaned down and brushed her lips to his. She heard Oliver gasp in the rain when she gently nipped his lower lip, or maybe it was her imagination.