Chapter 27

Shado flung her leg over the side of Oliver’s bike and ran inside, into Felicity’s arms and kissed the side of her cheeks. Oliver wanted to do the same thing, just somewhere a little different.

“Oh!” Felicity blushed when Shado pressed her cheek against Felicity’s in a girl-like kiss, “I forgot that you did that.”

“I haven’t seen you in a while!” Shado pulled away and looked at the blonde beauty. “How have you been?”

Felicity said bluntly, “Horrible – my father who turns out to have crash landed on the Island - the same Island that has been your hell for seven years - is back and trying and succeeding to kill the love of my life and everyone that he cares about. Also,” Felicity added like that wasn’t enough of an answer, “along with that, Dr. Light is on a murder spree, making me see my worst fears come to life in front of my eyes and slowly but surely making me want to blow my brains out; you?”

“Life sucks,” Shado agreed with a laugh and another hug. “Oh the top side though, I see that you haven’t gained any weight!” Shado wisped her hand down Felicity’s body and rested on her stomach.

Felicity eyed Shado’s hand, “Well, I… I’ve been avoiding the chocolate, I guess.”

Shado nodded, “I see. We’ll discuss it later?”

Felicity gulped and nodded. “Yes, of course, we have a lot to talk about. I guess we’ll have to have a girls night.”

“Definitely,” Shado winked.

Shado turned to Oliver with Felicity at her side. She realized the expression on his face and Shado suddenly felt like she should be somewhere other than here.

“Should… Umm, I’m gonna go take a moment to go and, uh,” Shado tried to think of a quick excuse to leave them alone, “do something? Be somewhere else? Felicity, why don’t you point me in the direction of the shower?”

Oliver took a step toward Felicity, Shado touched Felicity’s shoulder in a goodbye and she stepped closer to Oliver and kissed his cheek.

“Will I see you tomorrow?” Shado asked politely.

Oliver gave them both a set smile, “How about I take you two lovely girls out to breakfast tomorrow?”

Shado nodded and looked back in at Felicity to see if she wouldn’t mind.

“You guys have been separated for like, seven years, take a day together – take two!”

Felicity grinned and watched how Oliver acted around her. She noticed how Oliver acted more humble, more himself. Felicity remembered the time where she made him act that way, but then she left for New York and broke his heart. That was when everything got so complicated… Everything got so confusing…

Shado smiled and pointed up the stairs, “Shower is this way?”

Felicity nodded and folded her arms over herself in a hug when Oliver was alone with her. The quietness of the room started to set in and she watched him stare back at her.

“Umm, so the meeting at Queen Consolidated went…” Felicity tried to smile and give good news but right now?

She had none.

“Horrible,” Felicity laughed and shook out her hair, letting the locks fall around on her shoulders. “It went really badly! They want to kick you off your position, and put some Ray Palmer guy on there, but I said no, that the funeral for your mom is in like, a day and Thea is working really hard to the get the plans done and you’re lending a hand. Like you should be doing, but I can understand why you’re not lending a hand – things are going to hell over here.”