Chapter 20

~I'm posting a lot of notes on here lately, SORRY! But I just wanted to let you guys know that I created a Nyssa/Sara fanfic called 'Canary Cry' if you like them together and want to check it out! Thanks! 10/22/14Rogue ~

Tommy crossed his arms in the jail, "So, Felicity, what are you doing here?"

Felicity shrugged, she didn't really have an answer for him. She didn't know why she would come here of all places. "I... I was the one who put you in here, guess I just wanted to make sure that you're doing okay." Tommy's face was pale, he wasn't looking so good with his thin cheeks and slunched shoulders.

Tommy laughed humorlessly, "Please, we both know that you didn't put me in this cell. Oliver did. After I cornered you in the street, he took me up on a roof top. Hit me and beat me pretty good, oh god, was he furious. All of a sudden, he just stopped... Almost like you were there and called out to him. Told him to quit it and leave me alone. So, Oliver did, right after he served me to the streets." Tommy leaned back in his metal chair and looked out the window. "The people in the glades beat me so bad I slipped into a coma."

"Do you expect me to feel sorry for you?" Felicity asked. "You killed hundreds of people, Tommy. You're lucky the people didn't kill you," Felicity shook her head at him.

"Anyway," Tommy changed the subject, "I'm doing just fine, Felicity. Now, why are you really here?"

Felicity looked away and noticed that the guards had stepped out for a moment. "I guess-"

"Why!?" Tommy lunged across the table and latched onto her throat.

Felicity put her hands on top of Tommy's trying to break his hold over her. "I can't... breathe. Tommy - can't breathe," black and blue spots clouded over her vision and she screamed with the last oxygen in her system, "Guards!"

No one came in though, and Felicity remembered that she didn't need their help. I can do this, it was apart of my training... Just swipe his hand away with one of my own, chin digging down, and with the my other hand stike him...

Felicity muscles in her hand started to tense, but her hand stayed where they were. Felicity tried to break out of his hold, she started to panic.

"No one is here to help you now, little girl..."

"Thanks to Arthur Light I don't have one," Felicity choked out, "and thanks to Arthur Light, I can do this."

Her hands dove out to hit Thomas Merlyn in the nose, but her hands phazed his skin.

What? I can't fight back, she thought. Why can't I fight back? I know how to break out of this.... Why...?

Felicity eyes fluttered closed, the pressure of Tommy's hand being to much and-

A horn honked in the back ground and Felicity hit the breaks in the car. Sitting paralyzed for a hot moment, Felicity starts to flip out.

"What the hell?" she gasped in air into the lungs that were begging for it. Felicity looks around and pats herself down, her fingers lingering around her neck where Tommy's hands were clutching fiercely. "I'm in the car? What? How?" She started coughing, speaking right now wasn't a very good idea... "All that... was a hallucination?" Felicity nodded trying to make herself believe it. "I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay... Breathe, breathe..." Felicity pounded her head against the back of the seat. Swallowing, a deep breath, and cleaning her eyes of any tears that might have formed, her hands steady, the fear gone from her.

Felicity swallowed one more time and took a deep breath through those pink lips of hers. When she thought she could start driving again, she whispered to herself, "I'm never not gonna be able to defend myself again. I'm okay, I'm safe...." She pulls her foot off the break, and starts to drive away, thankful that the car honked before any real damage had been done.