Chapter 40

"She's dead and he the one that's gonna pay for it," Oliver took a step forward Arthur and put a hand on his shirt. "Let's go for a walk?" It wasn't a question.

"Where do you want to go?" Arthur asked sadistically.

"Oh," Oliver laughed just as bitter as Arthur, "you won't be walking there. Well, you can if you want, but your ankles will be broken so you'll have a difficult time standing." Arthur's act fell and Oliver gave him a ghostly smile.

Oliver threw Arthur to the ground on the filing room and while he was doing that, Sara grabbed some rope.

"You killed her?" Sara demanded to know. Her need to hear him say it was great. "You killed the most innocent woman?"

Arthur brought up the charade again, "It was fun."

Sara looked at Oliver who went ridged. "Then by all means," Sara handed Oliver her boe, "let us join in on it... Cover your ears," Sara told Arsenal and slammed her banshee device into Arthur's ears.

Oliver was used to the scream by now, and the noise just rolled off Sara like it was nothing. Arthur's screams brought her pleasure as she cranked the scream on the device.

"How's that feelin'?" Sara asked eyeing the blood oozing from his ears.

Arthur gasped for a breath, the ringing in his ears making it impossible to see straight. "Peachy," he snapped with irritation.

Roy relaxed his hands and shook his head to get him out of the daze. He opened the door for Oliver to throw Arthur out of the room.

"You broke into my home before I got to throw you out on the welcoming mat," Oliver tsked his tongue, "I apologize, how unforgiveable of me."

Barry ran up and placed a hand on Oliver's chest, "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" Oliver growled. "Get out of my way, Barry."

"I can't let you do this," Barry stood in front of Arthur like a shield and Oliver and Sara stood side by side. "You're a hero, Oliver, don't let this man fool you. He's baiting you into doing this, don't waste your time on him."

"Well it's a good thing I'm not a hero," Sara squinted her eyes and pushed Barry out of her way. She had met him once before, but she couldn't care less about him right now. "The doors that way if you don't want to be here; a goodie-goodie like yourself probably won't want to be," she added with a side remark.

"You won't want to witness this," Oliver's anger vanished for a moment and put Barry's innocence above the situation at hand. "All of you," the only one he knew could handle this was Sara. Shado, Diggle, Roy and Barry all had one thing in common: remorse and mercy. They knew when to stop, for that matter, Oliver did too, the only difference was that today he wasn't going to.

"I'm staying," Roy said, "I need to see this."

"I want in on some of it!" Diggle had his own tears on his cheeks, his own fury in his eyes.

"This is wrong," Barry justified, "Felicity wouldn't want this."

"How would you know what Felicity would want?" Shado criticized.

"She's dead, dead people don't want anything," Sara rolled her eyes at the young boy's stupidity. "It's one of the benefits of being dead."

"I know because she was my friend!" Barry watched as everyone started to crowd around Arthur.

Johnathan emerged from the shadows, his anger shaking his whole body, "Barry's right..." The words pained Johnathan to say so, but it was truth and he was going to tell the truth like Felicity did.