Chapter 37

Oliver froze, the pain not just disappearing from his thoughts, but disappearing in total.

"What did you just say?" Oliver turned his neck to see half of Felicity's body off the chair, but her feet still shackled to the insides of the bench.

Arthur laughed, an unpleasant sound to hear. "You haven't told him, yet? I'm surprised, Felicity, you're not usually the type to keep secrets..."

"Shut up!" Felicity shrieked. "You have no right to tell me how to live my messed up life! The only thing that was right was Oliver, and you've taken his memory and disoriented it!" Tears streamed down her face, tears of anguish and anger, even a little sorrow filled her tear.

Oliver's mind stopped, the warehouse was chilling his bones, but that's not why he had goose bumps.

"Felicity, what is he talking about?" Oliver glanced at Felicity's frizzy and greasy hair. She wasn't meeting his eyes, and he didn't know if she actually thought it was because he wasn't real, or because she was too ashamed, scared, or embarrassed to meet his eyes.

An image of Steve on top of Felicity, having her scream his name in endless pleasure made Oliver stomach want to lurch. That image hurt more than the knife wound. He got her pregnant... Oliver wanted Felicity to meet his eyes so that he could confirm his fears.

"I don't have to explain to you," she screamed in Oliver's direction. "You've done nothing but brought me pain, and the second I have actual any happiness with Oliver, you take it away?"

Felicity looked at the table which she assumed to be empty in reality, but what if it wasn't? Felicity's face expression said it all: She had a secret, perhaps the biggest one of all. Her face told him that it was a painful secret.

Arthur now had a different mission, one that involved getting Felicity to tell Oliver the truth. "You should tell him what he did, Felicity."

"Shut up!" she screamed, pain taking root in her stomach. "Shut up, I'll kill you, you son of a bitch!"

"You should have heard her, Oliver," Arthur practically pranced around the room like a little kid. "When she came in for a checkup, I told her that she was pregnant and for a second - after the shock wore off, that is - she was happy. She was going to be a Mom, but then she was so scared!" he belched a laugh that sounded like a thousand like rattle snakes crawling around each other. "'How am I going to tell, him?' 'I don't think I have the strength!' 'It'll ruin his life!' She went on, and on, and on," the humor in his voice was replaced by dread, "it was exhausting!"

Oliver's head raised up to look at Felicity collapse against the chair; her legs, weak. She slowly shifted her gaze over to Oliver and looked up into his eyes with an expression along the lines of pain. It was a different kind of pain - if was grief.

"Natasha told her that Felicity shouldn't tell you, but everyone thought that you had the right to know," Arthur rolled his eyes and looked at Oliver take in this information.

New fear synced into Oliver as the image in his head changed from Steve on top of Felicity, to Oliver and Felicity pressed together in an embrace.

"Oh... my god..." Felicity nibbled on her lip as Oliver traced his tongue down her belly and toward her thigh. Felicity had been so eager, willing and ready to do whatever Oliver wanted. Oliver was much more experienced, but he still had a rule about some things: Some things, he would wait to do, he would do with the right person, which wasn't even Laurel. "You... and your tongue really deserve a reward, because - wow!"

Oliver pulled himself from the vision and locked in on Felicity's eyes which were red from crying and lack of sleep.

"I'm so sorry, Oliver," she shook her head back and forth, "I wish... I wish..."