Chapter 42

Felicity woke up later with a pounding headache, she rolled over to find that she was wearing Oliver's shirt and she rolled up the sleeves so that it fit her better.

She saw Oliver lying on the same uncomfortable chair when she first spent the night in the Queen's mansion. Felicity smiled at the old memory. Oliver hadn't made her breakfast like the time he had before, but that was okay.

Felicity slid off of the bed and watched Oliver's face while he slept. His face was relaxed and she gently laid a kiss on his forehead before she opened the door and slipped out of the room.

Felicity walked down the steps and into Thea's room to make sure they were all alone in the house. After seeing that her room was empty - with a small note: I'm staying @ Roy's - she walked the kitchen to fix herself something to eat. She was starving.

Being tortured usually has that effect on people... she said in her thoughts.

"You in a kitchen is very dangerous," Oliver noted walking into the kitchen.

... Shirtless.

Felicity instantly blushed and turned away, "I'm not that bad! God, you guys make me sound like... Like..." Felicity searched for the right word but it wasn't coming to her. "Like I don't even know what!"

Oliver laughed and walked over to grab a pan and start making breakfast.

"Don't you have a maid for this?" Felicity asked crossing her arms in bewilderment. "Since you have your money back I figured that you would hire Rita again."

"I do love that woman, she helped raised me, you know," Oliver admitted, "but I figured that she shouldn't be here while I have an unconscious woman in my bed."

"Wow, really?" Felicity asked. "Back up for a second; I've never really even hear you say 'I love you' to anyone but your sister and your mom."

"And you," Oliver pointed out throwing the bacon onto the pan and pushing it into the oven.

Felicity smiled and hoped up on the counter. "Yes," she blushed, "and me." She squeezed her knees together when she realized that she didn't have any underwear on. "I never hear you talk about her, didn't know you were that close."

Oliver went to the fridge and got the sausage. He placed some on a fryer and turned the burner on, "I don't usually talk about her, do I?" Oliver thought about it. "Mom would always be busy with her fundraising and her fancy, fancy whatnot and Dad would always be busy in the office... Rita taught me how to read, and how to pass my Russian language class, she taught me math and the value of a good person. Then, I hit thirteen and started to become all wild and dangerous and thought I was a bad boy."

Oliver smiled, "But, she helped me through it for a good amount of time before my mother realized she wanted to be a part of our lives."

"Speaking about lives," Felicity smiled as he continued his cooking, "we need to talk about it."

Oliver sighed heavily and broke open the eggs. "I'm not furious, Felicity, if that's what you're wanting to talk about," Oliver reassured her. "I'm a little mad and disappointed, but I think I have the right to be."

Felicity nodded as Oliver stepped away from the food and took a step toward her on the counter. "You do," she confirmed. "You have every right to be. I want to know what you're thinking that's all, if that's alright. I know I don't have the right to ask, but I want to know-"

"I'm sad," Oliver whispered cutting him off. "I'm upset, I'm mournful..." Oliver swallowed and listened to the sausage sizzle on the stove. "When you told me that you were pregnant, I was shocked and angry that you didn't tell me. But, I understand why."