Chp. 14

Chapter 14: Inadvertently Revealing the Truth

Gu Zhun, who was suspended at home, rocked his legs and stared at the plants of the balcony in a daze. Although the expression on Gu Zhun's face did not show any indication that anything had happened, he was still anxious at heart... To be falsely accused, yet being unable to prove his innocence... Those grievances and feelings of helplessness...

"There are still leftovers from yesterday, heat them up and eat. Sister is about to be late."

"Alright, I know. Pay attention to your safety, sister."

Gu Zhun watched the image of Gu Li's back leaving in a rush. He couldn't help recalling the happy family they once had—Mom would say "Have a pleasant journey". Dad would kiss mom, take his briefcase, and head out...

But—happiness came to a halt.

When Gu Zhun was eight, his parents divorced. Even the child support fee gradually disappeared. Naturally, things such as love had long ceased to exist. Now that Gu Zhun and Gu Li were both independent, if their parents did not look for them, then it would also be better for them not to disturb each other's way of life.

It would be better for them to never contact each other...

However, sometimes Gu Zhun would think, if he was like other people and had the support of his parents to back him up, then what would've happened? Gu Zhun could still vaguely remember an incident that had happened during high school...

"At that time, he was also falsely accused. After that—"

During the third year of high school, the whole class entered into the exam preparation state. Those who had a collection of notes and books with common exam mistakes considered them extremely precious. Of course, there were some who were jealous of students who were at the forefront of their studies and always achieved good grades. As such, there would be people who used underhanded tactics and stole notes or books, such as the 10 Year Series, to take a look.

Kids would be crazy enough to do anything when it came to exam driven education.

"Just who was it that took Wang BaoZhe's physics notes and English 10 Year Series? Hurry up and take it out! The head teacher of the class, who was in her early forties, angrily hit the podium, her facial complexion ashen— Such a disgraceful thing actually happened in the advanced class. If this were to be spread out, it would certainly besmirch her reputation as the head teacher!

The whole class was in silence whereas the person involved, classmate Wang BaoZhe, acted in accordance with the head teacher's angry disapproval. She stood at the podium and tauntingly swept her eyes over the whole class that was in silence.

Currently Wang BaoZhe's thoughts were— Haha, you dregs. You don't have the capability to climb up and defeat me and thought that you could deal with me by using such a dirty trick?!

This matter was definitely not a farce deliberately planned by Wang BaoZhe, yet there was someone who stood up and said: "Teacher! I, I previously would always see Gu Zhun wander around near Wang BaoZhe's table... could this be counted as a lead?"

How could this be counted as a lead? It was simply undisguised doubt and suspicion!

The whole class gave sidelong glances. The line of sight cast towards Gu Zhun was filled with suspicion and every look was like a knife. Every time it was cast, Gu Zhun's heart felt as if it had been pierced by someone. It was unbearably painful. They had been classmates with each other for three years. Why would they still oppose each other with such harshness? Such mistrust towards one another other?