Chp. 59

Chapter 59: The Presidents' Dance Competition

Gu Zhun took a look at the letter for an invitation to another business dinner. He turned it around to look at the back and then the front. The invitation was from Wen Corporation.

Gu Zhun handed the invitation to Zhang Heng and asked if he would attend this event. If so, he would free up time from Zhang Heng's schedule.

Zhang Heng didn't even open the envelope. He already agreed to it when he saw who it was from.

"You're decisive. You've agreed to it so quickly this time." Gu Zhun was pleased.

Why did Gu Zhun phrase it that way? Usually, Zhang Heng wouldn't attend insignificant events purely focused on expanding connections and resources.

He was confident since Zhang Corporation had vast connections and many resources.

If he attended tonight's event, he wouldn't be able to send Gu Zhun home. He would miss the chance to spend a few hours with Gu Zhun!

"Was it because of 'Wen Corporation'?" Gu Zhun probed. Usually when Gu Zhun asked these questions, Zhang Heng would tease him, but he did not this time around. Instead, he appeared to be in deep thought as he replied: "It has been awhile since I last saw them..."

Them? Gu Zhun had only heard of Wen YiHong, who was the Vice President of Wen Corporation and Zhang Heng's classmate. He had not heard of anyone else.

"Come attend the event on that day."

The night of the dinner party.

Wen YiHong and Ye RuiXi stood in the middle of the ballroom entertaining guests. As Gu Zhun and Zhang Heng entered the ballroom, they noticed them immediately and called them over.

Zhang Heng waved his hand in acknowledgement. He held Gu Zhun's hand and weaved through the crowd to get to the VIP seats.

"Zhang Heng, it has been a long time!" Wen YiHong expressed his nostalgia by giving Zhang Heng a bear hug. In the eyes of the Chinese, it was unacceptable for two men to publicly embrace each other for such a long time. But in British and American culture, this was just a form of greeting.

Unfortunately, Ye RuiXi did not even link it to greeting etiquette. There was a visible sense of jealousy.

Gu Zhun looked at them and felt pain in his heart.

Ye RuiXi stood at the side and looked at them. He noticed Gu Zhun was inseparable from Zhang Heng since the moment they arrived. Ye RuiXi continued to stare at Gu Zhun— Unfortunately, he didn't detect anything. He only saw that Gu Zhun was taller than him...

Preposterous!

The host stood on the stage and held the event. As usual, it was the upper class's favorite segment— Ballroom dancing.

"Humph! Zhang Heng, it has been a long time since we had a match! This time, we will compete in dancing! You can choose anyone as your partner!" As if he was afraid that Zhang Heng would pick Wen YiHong, Ye RuiXi swiftly grabbed Wen YiHong's arm and proclaimed, "I will team up with Wen YiHong!"

Zhang Heng held Gu Zhun's hands: "I will partner up with you."

Zhang Heng was delighted! During the Japan trip, he did not dance with Gu Zhun in the ballroom, but this time he had an opportunity to. This was truly a blessing in disguise!

Accompanied by the melodious piano, Wen YiHong grabbed Ye RuiXi's hand and they both held onto each other's waists. Their posture signaled that they were ready to begin ballroom dancing.

That's right, this was the dinner party's biggest highlight— Heavens! The presidents of Wen Corporation and Zhang Corporation were having a dance competition!