Chapter 1: Life

Life is so fragile, don't you think? One accident and there's a small chance that you'll survive. What happens when you don't? Is there such a thing as heaven and hell, where the angels sing and the demons dwell? Where there is a second chance of life after the first death?

(Y/n) looks out the classroom window, the palm of her right hand against the glass pane as her head fills with the negative thoughts of where she might go after her life gets taken. Will she find a place of rest, or will she be someone she didn't want to be in a place she couldn't fathom the torture and the pain? She picks up her bag and walks out of her blue sliding classroom door. The white walls of the corridor greet her as her feet each take a step forward in their comfortable black shoes. Her (e/c) pupils twinkle as she passes every window that hung on the walls.

She walks down the staircase, waving her friends goodbye and walking out of the metallic gates, but all she hears from behind her was "(Y/n) watch out!" (Y/n) turns to her left and sees a shiny red car zooming towards her. She sprints across the black tar road, barely getting out of the grasp of death, onto the other side of the stone pavement. She lets out a sigh and waves once more, but quickly after hears screaming once again.

The students tell her to look up and get out of the way but when she shifts her gaze to the sky, the sound of a breaking appliance holding up more than fifty kilograms of thick concrete bricks resonates and the bricks were falling, crashing into her and burrying her where she stands. Minutes passed and she hears the sound of the ambulance, muffled. Bricks were removed from on top of her as a pool of blood leaks below into the pavement drain. They pick her up and place her inside the ambulance, which after drives as fast as it can.

Her eyes opens slightly, vision blurry. "This is it, I feel so tired... would my friends care if I give up now? Will I be able to see my long dead parents if I stop resisting and let go?" She asks herself. An electric wave goes through her body but she only feels the life being sucked out more and more. Where would she end up...? Was this really the end? She closes her eyes and breathe her last breath before leaving her body behind.

Her soul slowly descending as she felt the weight of something heavy pushing her lower and lower until she hits the ground. Her eyes still closed as her skin turns cold and her hair from (h/c) to (f/c). The floor feels cold to the touch but the surrounding was warm. It wasn't a scalding hot sensation that would make her sweat, just warm. Her eyelids regain strength to open and her vision was fixed onto the crimson red sky above her. Not a cloud in sight, neither was there a sun. "Where am I" she mutters to herself, attempting to get up.

Her arms were weak and her body sore, but her determination and perseverance got her to sit up. She scans the environment, wondering where she has ended up. There were no angels in sight, singing at the top of their lungs and no golden pathways leading to the God of the universe. "Am I in Hell?" She questioned. As she stands up, an announcement was made.

"ATTENTION, A NEW DEMON HAS ARRIVED IN HELL. DO HAVE A PLEASANT TIME IN YOUR ETERNAL DWELLING PLACE. PLEASE COME TO THE COUNCIL TO REGISTER YOURSELF."

(Y/n) felt the fears crawling on her back "This can't be! There must be a mistake. Me? A demon? I've done good things in my life, why am I here? This must be a test from the God of the Universe, or a dream even!" She assures herself. But every time she pinches her arm, it hurt, and she couldn't wake up for this was no dream. She wonders into what looks like a city... a City of Sin. She begins looking for the Council, with the intention of telling them that being here was a mistake.

She runs into demons of all shapes and sizes, running past odd looking buildings until she reaches an area that lookes like a government office. (Y/n) enters and speaks "I'm not suppose to be here. What have I done to be sent here?" A demon with white skin, red eyes, and orange hair, dressed in what seems to be a formal office attire comes up to her and tells her "Your record has stated that you've murdered. Murdering is an unforgivable sin you know? Does God want murderers in his court? " She then smirks and files her nails as (y/n)'s expression changes into shock and terror.

Her (e/c) eyes began to tear as she remembers the Paring Knife she held in her hand, blood sprayed all across the dirty yellow walls of her old highschool. The bully that made fun of her every day about how she was unpopular, ugly and not wanted, died. (Y/n) remembers how that bitch ran from her, afraid, screaming "Please dont hurt me" but it was too late, and she met her demise. The records are true, she did kill someone when she was alive. But she still feels that there's a staircase to heaven somewhere and that God will forgive her for what she did.

She refused to register. "Please. Let me have an attempt to get to heaven. If i fail, I will be as these demons are in Hell and register." The demon agreed but on one condition. "You only get one attempt to plead to God for your redemption. After that single attempt is over, you must swear on this hexagram that you will follow the words that came out of you mouth. You will be summoned back here if you fail and I will register you."

"Deal"