Chapter 5: Song Bird

The three of them sat down, (y/n) gazing out the window beside her, still unable to accept that she is in Hell. "Order?" A demon in roller skates came and asked. His hair was slick back and his skin was a lovely shade of Persian Blue. He wore a grey apron that covered from the waist down to his knees. Charlie asked Vaggie what she would like to eat, and replied the waiter. "Two Strawberry Waffles, One Ice Cream Sandwich Waffle, and um.. (Y/n), what would you like?"

(Y/n) snapped back to reality and looked at the menu before telling the waiter, "I would like just the regular Breakfast Waffle set with extra butter and honey. Oh and a chocolate milkshake would also be nice. Thank you." The waiter grinned creepily and left the table. "Was that a menacing grin Charlie? Or was that just a normal smile...?" (Y/n) asked slightly frightened. "Every demon has their own unique way to express their happiness. So you dont need to worry~" Charlie replied with a smile.

Not long after, the waffles arrived. Charlie's Waffle set was the Ice Cream Sandwich, with what seems to be three scoops of Vanilla ice cream accompanied by thick glossy honey running down the sides. Vaggie on the other hand ate the more healthy looking strawberry waffles, which were just regular waffles with strawberry slices, or so it looks. (Y/n) had a normal Breakfast waffle where two squares of butter sit on top of the pool of dripping honey. Her chocolate drink had a cute little spider accessory on it as well as a mountain of whipped cream.

"Bon Appètit!" Charlie exclaimed before indulging the flavours of the waffle a d ice cream. Vaggie and (Y/n) also began eating their sweet breakfasts. The meal ended as quickly as it started and the three girls went back to the happy hotel. "Hey (Y/n), Do you still want to sing at the bar?" Charlie questioned while tying her blonde locks. (Y/n) nodded and replied "Might as well find a permanent role to play if I don't get into heaven." Charlie sighed but smiled and gave (Y/n) a costume. It was a suit with black and white stripes going down from top to bottom, pointed shoulder pads, a black bow tie, a white inner shirt with black buttons, and a black underwear since there wasn't pants nor skirt for this costume.

"Go ahead and try it!" Charlie exclaimed excitedly. (Y/n) went over to the washroom to put on her costume, and it fit like a glove. "How do I.. um... look?" (Y/n) nervously walked out the washroom door. Charlie's eyes were filled with happiness. "You look stunning! All you need are these black heals and you will be good to go!" She hands (Y/n) a pair of glossy, black, sexy stilettos.

(Image just in case you can't visualise the outfit)

"The bar opens soon. We'll play a few songs that you should know. They are from the human world." Charlie hugged (Y/n) with a big smile on her cute face.

(Y/n) entered the bar and helped the hotel bar's bartender to set up. Slowly the bar began to fill up people, who were busy talking and having fun. (Y/n) took a deep breath in and stood on the performance stage, awaiting for the pianist to start playing. As the soft piano music resonated through the space, the crowd turned to the stage as the chatter became silent.

(Y/n) closed her eyes and began to sing. (YouTube video provided)

"Another head hangs lowly, Child is slowly taken... And the violence caused such silence, Who are we mistaking? But, you see it's not me, It's not my family. In your head, in your head, They are fighting... With their tanks and their bombs, And their bombs and their guns, In your head in your head they are crying..." The crowd enjoyed their alcohol whilst she projected her voice.

"In your head, In your head. Zombie, zombie, zombie... What's in your head?
In your head? Zombie, zombie, zombie..." some of the guests also began to sing along for they knew the song whilst they were still alive. Charlie observed from the entrance and all she could do was smile as she heard (Y/n)'s voice.

"Another mother's breaking heart is taking over... When the violence causes silence we must be mistaken... It's the same old thing in two thousand eighteen, in your head, in your head, they're still fighting!! With their tanks and their bombs, and their bombs and their guns, in your head, in your head they are dying..." as she sings that, the piano stops and the crowd awaited her to continue. Then she sang without the piano, softly and sweetly.

"What's in your head... in your head... Zombie, zombie, zombie... What's in your head?! In your head?! Zombie, zombie, zombie woah!" And the piano began again as the crowd gave her a round of applause. And she smiled at the response. She heard a voice say "That was amazing!" and another saying "That's what I call a Song Bird!" Charlie then runs up to the stage and says "Now wasn't that just amazing? Lets give her another round of applause! Want to hear more of her? She'll be back tomorrow!"

Charlie excitedly dragged (y/n) off stage and she could see the happiness coming out of Charlie's smile alone. "Was it.. that good?" (Y/n) asked concerned about Charlie's constant smile plastered on her face. Charlie nodded and told (Y/n) that they'll catch up later. She seems busy. (Y/n) then left the bar and went back to her room. Just before she could unlock the door, an arm slithered around her waist and a hand covered her mouth. "Shh! Don't scream! I just came here to tell ya' that you sing amazingly! I was at the bar and I simply adore your voice!"