Chapter 28: Aren't you...Happy?

"Happy birthday... to you... happy birthday... to you..." a sweet familiar voice sang. (Y/n) felt a familiar feeling while she rolled on her bed. As her eyes opened, the rays of sunlight came through her blinds. "T-That can't be right.." she thought. As her vision cleared, her eyes laid sight on someone she had missed ever so dearly.

"Good morning sweetheart, slept well honey?" Said her mother, smiling ever so lovingly towards her. "M-Mom?" (Y/n) asked shocked and confused. "My goodness, you look like you've seen a ghost! Are you okay?" Her mother asked, concerned. "T-This can't be right! Y-You're dead!" (Y/n) looked around the room confused. "Maybe it was just a nightmare baby." She pulled (Y/n) into a loving hug. (Y/n) was back in her old bedroom, the same one she was in before she was sent off to that abusive caring centre.

"Your father and I have planned a day out for you to celebrate your birthday." Her mother smiled, excited. "Now come, you've got to get out of bed and get ready." Her mother kissed her forehead, just as Angel would, before leaving her room. (Y/n) got up in pure fear as she called out "Angel?! Where are you?!" She then heard a faint noise. "I swear I heard someone say something... it must be the neighbour. But all my days in Hell can't just be a night's dream. And my parents being alive? Impossible..."

She walked to her bathroom, which was exactly how she remembered it to be. She looked over to see a letter, very similar to Angel's Ball invite. She hastily opened it and read it, and in fact it was his Ball Invitation. She called out once again "Angel..?" but this time more uncertain. She opened her closet to find that particular dress that Angel didn't like to wear, but looked so good on her, hanging there. She took it out and wore it, wondering if it actually was a dream.

She went down the stairs from her room and found both her father and mother waiting for her. "Ready to go?" He asked. (Y/n) nodded and everyone got into the car. Her father turned on the radio and to her surprise, she heard the voice of both Alastor and Sylla, Singing a melodious duet. Then something shiny caught her eye, a needle that looked very similar to Niffty's was in her mother's hands as she was sewing what seemed to be a (F/c) dress. Tears formed in her eyes, questioning if her love story was really just a made up dream.

As they arrived at their destination, everyone got out of the car. "Your mother and I know how much you adore flowers, so we brought you here. (Y/n)'s eyes turned to see that she was on a hill with the same array of flowers that she saw in Hell. She felt a whisper in her ear, a voice similar to Angel's as a tear rolled down her face. But she turned to find only her mother and father, who were concerned. "Are you okay honey?" Her mother asked. (Y/n) nodded, lying "I'm fine. It's just really beautiful."

"Pretty huh?" Her dad chuckled. (Y/n) nodded as her eyes took in the colours in front of her. "Eh, I think it's alright. Besides, I've got a prettier daugter to look at." That statement made (Y/n) have deja vu. "He said something similar to me.." she muttered. "I think she's hungry." Her mother whispered to her father. The three got into the car once more and went to a restaurant.

They arrived and all three of them walked into a classy looking restaurant. As they went inside, they were greeted with tube shaped lights that hung from the ceiling as black chairs complimented white tables. The interior was rather comfy and the building felt more of like a cafe. (Y/n) felt chills down her spine as the three of them sat at their table of choice. A waiter came to serve them and asked "Welcome. What would you like to order?" He then passed the family a menu for them to look at.

Her dad began to order. "One plate of spaghetti and a nice cup of coffee, thanks. How about you, (Y/n)?" (Y/n) looked through the menu, hands shaking, and found [Favourite Meal]. So she told her father and he helped her order it, with a [beverage of choice]. Her mother then asked her father "How many times have you been here exactly?" He placed his index finger on his lips, trying to recall the number of times he's sat down in this particular restaurant. "I think about four to five times. The food here ain't bad ya' know?" He then chuckled.

(Y/n) looked around, confused and scared. Her head aching as she felt dizzy. The food came, with a side dish of creamy mushroom soup. Her parents indulged in their meal, but quickly stopped after noticing (Y/n)'s sad face. "This all happened before..." she whispered to herself, tears running down her cheek. "What's wrong dear?" Her father asked, worried. "Aren't you happy?" Her mother added. (Y/n) looked up at them and nodded "T-Tears of joy!" She faked a laugh.

"What was happening..." she questioned. She then began to take notice that the picture frames had a familiar red eye in them. "Sir Pentious?" She questioned as she looked around, but there was no reply. The music in the cafe played the same song she heard in the car, vocals of both Sylla and Alastor. She then felt a growl in her stomach and began to eat her food, tears still welled up in her eyes.

The radio host then spoke, and he sounded exactly like Angel. But the reception was bad, so his voice kept cutting off. Her ears picked up syllables from his cut off speech and tried to piece them together, but it made no sense, so she shrugged it off, saddened.

"Angel... where are you?"