Chapter 9: Her Past

Angel's eyes gazed into hers, filled with curiosity. "Nice? Am I nice..?" Said (Y/n) as she looked away. Angel smiled and nodded replying "You helped me while I was drunk, and still am, and you agreed to go out with me yesterday to have fun. Heck, you even asked Charlie to get breakfast for me!" (Y/n) blushed slightly, embarrassed. "... I don't want to treat others how the people in my past treated me... so I made a promise to myself, a promise that no matter how hurt I may feel, I'll never pass on that pain to anyone else."

"I... I'm sorry..." Angel stuttered. "Would ya' like to talk about it? You aren't going anywhere are ya?" (Y/n) smiled and shook her head "No, I'm not going anywhere. I did come here to check on you. You seem to be better compared to this morning, so that's good. But would you want to hear about my shitty past...?" Angel nodded, his expression as if a puppy wanting to learn something new. (Y/n) took a deep breath, in and out, and agreed to share her past with her acquaintance.

"It all started since I was seven. My parents both gave me a loving embrace before they and my aunt left for a wedding of their old friend of theirs. However, as they were on the way there, My father lost control of the wheel and the breaks seemed to not work. Therefore they crashed into a speeding train and only the head of the car was smashed. My aunt, who was traumatized, called the ambulance and took a taxi back home. She messaged the couple who was getting married that my family wouldn't be attending due to the accident. How could they when they were dead?"

"As my aunt arrived home, I remember wondering where my parents were. She told me everything that happened and sent me to a seeming good care centre, which turned out to be not so good. Instead of care, they treated every kid there as if they were trash... they would rebuke me and torture me." (Y/n) held her head as the memories of torture came back. Her legs felt the pain of the past, as well as her body. Her eyes began to well up with tears. Angel, who's hands still hugging (y/n), used his free hands to wipe away her tears and comforted her.

She then looked at Angel with her sad eyes, and continued "The only place I could feel a little bit of freedom was when they threw me out to walk to school for that day. They would also hire someone to pick me up, but they would just throw me at the back of their van and drop me off as if I were a package. They would drag me in, back to the centre, and chained me up in my room." She then looks at the whip marks on her legs sighed. "They also whipped me often."

Angel then pulled her in and rested his head on top of hers "God.. I didn't know. I'm sorry to hear that. But hey, it ain't that bad now ain't it? You're free here! Well even though Hell has all the sinners, such as myself, I'll make sure that nothing happens to you, my dear." (Y/n) smiled, feeling comforted. "Besides, you are with all of us! Charlie, Cherri, Me, oh and yea Vaggie too, but we're all your friends down here in Hell. So don't worry to much honey."

(Y/n) thanked Angel. "We'll go out again soon. I want to see you perform" she winked. Angel blushed slightly and chuckled. "Alright." And with that, (Y/n) went to her room. "Friends... will they still be my friends after I try to leave?" the feeling of regret filled her gut. "Will they hate me if they knew that I was trying to leave Hell? What would Angel say..." she laid on her bed, tears falling as she held her pillow.

As she fell asleep in her own tears, her past brought the most traumatizing nightmares. The sky was red, clouds as if dangerous spikes. Her arms and legs chained against a wall as the shadows of those who hurt her came out of the shadows and cut her open. She tried to scream, yet she could only open her mouth. No matter how hard she tried to release a piercing scream, she just couldn't make a sound. The the shadows ripped out her organs and cut her wrists, all she could do was hang there, needles being inserted into her arms and legs as her blood spilled out.

Her eyes sprung open as her body jolted, breathing heavily as her tear stained face became pale from fear. She got up and decided to walk the around to calm her nerves, her body still shivering from the horrid images and feelings. Her vision blurry and her legs were shaky, but she continued to leave her room and walk. As she was wondering around, she felt a presence, as if someone were following her. But every time she were to turn around, there wasn't anybody there. Just as she took one step down the eerie stairway, she felt a tiny push from the back. She gripped onto the metal railing as he body fell forward.

Luckily, her grip was strong enough to stop her from falling. As her eyes rose to meet the face of the person who pushed her, the first thing that caught her eye was a wide smile on his face. " Evening Madam." He grinned. A new face that she has never seen before. He was tall and very thin, had pale skin, sharp yellowed teeth, short red and black hair with deer like ears. His uneven antlers had the colour of the darkest midnight and has a bright red for the iris of the eyes. His pupils were black, but his eyes seemed to change shape.

"Am I Dreaming again?"