Chapter 29: Horror

Just as they left the restaurant, (Y/n) heard the sound of a voice talking backwards. She turned around, trying to find the source of the sound, but only to turn back and find that her parents and herself were back in the car, driving the opposite direction of where their house was. "Mom, Dad, where are we going?" But there was no reply. Instead, the car drove faster and faster until they reached an abandoned area. The next thing she knew was that she seemed to be in an all too familiar place.

The care centre

She saw some of her friends chained up on the walls, starving as blood dripped out of their mouths. There was just something unsettling about the place, something different that she didn't feel when she was there the first time. The screams seemed to be louder and more distinct, the chains looked more rusted, but the only thing that she didn't see were the care takers. She then felt some sort of clothing go on her body, realising after that it was a straitjacket.

"What the hell?!" She shouted, confused. She was then reeled into a chamber, struggling to get out of her straitjacket. She she was thrown on the ground, her hands chained to a wall and free of the jacket. A girl as tall as her came out of the shadows holding a knife. Her eyes, her clothes, and her hair length, were all the opposite of her own self. Everything was the opposite except her face and her voice.

"You know why you're here, Don't you (y/n)?" the girl chuckled with an echo to her voice. Her knife looking as sharp as ever as something sparked (Y/n)'s memory. "I know who you are... you're the me I left behind in this awful place every time I went to school." She growled. The mirror image of her laughed "Exactly. I'm the version of you that you didn't want anyone to see, but had no control over. I'm the you that would go crazy, the one that would make you laugh for no reason at all, the one that would make you punch the wall until your knuckles bled."

(Y/n) glared at her past self with anger. "I hated everything that I was, everything that you are!" She shouted. The mirror image simply pressed her knife lightly into (y/n)'s neck, making a cut that leaked black liquid. The mirror image took notice of this and chuckled. "I guess you couldn't run away from your past mistakes either, let alone run away from me. You've become a demon, haven't you?" (Y/n) had the urge to kill what she saw in front of her. She despised everything that she use to be, she hated herself. But nobody seemed to care at that time. Her past still haunts her, but she never wanted to talk to anyone about it, not even the full story to Angel.

"You parents are never coming back to pick you up because their dead. Your friends wouldn't care if you died in front of them. Nobody will love you! You'll be coming back here for another round of your daily physical abuse by those people, and mental abuse from me." The mirror image of her whispered those words in her ear. Suddenly, her prison like cell became a place she remembered staying for a good amount of her life. "You tried to forget this place... didn't you?" The mirror image grinned.

It was her old padded cell in an asylum. "Maybe I should refresh your memory. You were so done with abuse that you began to talk to yourself, making me be your counterpart, someone to talk to. Soon, the kids began noticing strange things. Don't you remember? Talking to nobody, laughing at non-existent jokes, thinking that that one guy was a serial killer and beating him up when he was just a younger kid thrown in the same Hell hole as you. And that very event where you killed someone you hated. I was there, because I was the one who did it, who you once were."

The mirror image then grew upset. "But after being strapped up here in this looney bin for God knows how long, you forgot who you once were and completely disregarded me. You forgot who you use to be, you forgot me. We are the same person, why don't we be together again?" (Y/n) stomped her foot on the padded ground as she replied with a stern "No." The mirror image of herself smirked "Well then, I guess I just have to take it by force. Everyone has their inner demon, and you yourself aren't an angel."

(Y/n) pushed back the image of herself, who tried to enter her body. "I'm no angel to you because you are my demon. But now since my demon is out of my body, what's left of me is only good intentions." She then used her fallen angel powers to break the chains. She looked back at her dark self to find her with the wings of the devil and sharp fangs that could pierce any living thing with the slightest of pressure. "With every angel comes a demon!" The image's voice echoed through what seemed to be a black void.

"I never thought I'd ever have to fight me..." (y/n) muttered before both her and the mirror image attacked each other. When she striked with her left hand, the image would mirror her attack. Every time, the attack would be mirrored. (Y/n) used her vision to try and find a way out. As she looked around, the demon version of her seemed to have a broken heart that stood out in a gold hue, something (Y/n) couldn't see without her fallen vision. She then smirked replying "Instead of feeling hatred and being broken, why don't you feel how it's like to be loved."

(Y/n) approached the demon, who shot her with beams of darkness every time she got closer. But slowly, her demon grew tired, and (y/n) managed to hug her and comfort her. The image dropped her knife, which dissolved into flower petals. A black tear left the demon's eye before she smiled with happiness. Her heart was mended before she looked at (y/n) once last time, disappearing into a thousand butterflies, fluttering away into the void, which from darkness, slowly turned bright.

(Y/n) covered her eyes with her arm, blocking out the blinding light, before everything turned black, and a familiar voice called to her.

"(Y/n)!! Wake up!! Please wake up!"