Chapter 14: Vitriolic

Alastor slows down as he is met face to face with the beam of light. Angel came up behind him and shouted "What is your problem?!" Alastor's smile was struggling to hold it's shape as he held back tears. "Say, do you know what it feels like when you are reminded of someone who was once dear to you...?" He growled. "I've watched her since she came. She reminded me so much of someone dear to me back when I was alive... I must get rid of her. She isn't fit to be in a world like this anyway."

Alastor then proceeded to make (Y/n) touch the light, but Angel snatched her from his grasp, careful not to hurt her. "Call me selfish, but even if she is chosen to go back to heaven, you will have to kill me the second time before I decide to stop fighting." Angel shouted as he held his guns, ready to fire. Alastor grew impatient, his smile more sinister as he charged towards Angel. "Oh I might act like a girl at times but I'm not afraid to kill when I need to." Angel growled. He wrapped his arms around (Y/n) and the two began to brutally fight each other, trying not to hurt her.

(Y/n) was still trapped in her mind as the voices were shutting her down. She had enough, she was done. She shouted, her voice bouncing off the walls as it overpowered her negative thoughts. Her eyes turned red as horns grew out from her head. She then fell to the floor, breathing heavy. The faint sound of gunshots caught her attention, slowly becoming louder and louder. She broke out of her trance and realized that Angel was carrying her in his first set of arms as his second was holding guns, shooting at what seemed to be Alastor.

"A-Angel! What's going on?!" She shouted in fear. The gun shots stopped and the two gentlemen froze. She got out of Angel's arms as she walked towards the light. "Why were you guys fighting?" She questioned. Alastor replied "You remind me of someone that stood by me in my past life. Always helping, always trying. When you arrived in Hell, I observed you as you went on your way to find Heaven. But it seems heaven has found you. Leave. I don't want to look back at my past and feel dreading emotions any longer!"

Alastor then pushed (Y/n) into the light. Angel got up and punched him in the face, trying to reach (Y/n), but she was gone. "Alastor. Can I ask you to look back at your past and imagine yourself pushing that person, that meant so much to you, into non-existence? Because that's exactly what you did to me, you insensitive bastard. That's all you care about, suppressing your emotions..." Angel cried.

"I did what was right. She didn't register either, it was for the best." Alastor glared as he rubbed his bruised left cheek. (Y/n) then entered the gates of heaven and came face to face with the God of the Universe. "(Y/n), your request to enter heaven has been granted, but I know what your heart desires. You've met friends in Hell that you refuse to leave. Despite being there for a short while, you have been quickly acquainted with the wrong side. But as a fair God, I give you a choice to stay here, as you wanted, or to go back to Hell."

She thought long and hard as her voices debated in her head. "Stay here... it's what you wanted." or "Angel will be devastated." She broke down before God and replied "As much as I want to be with the angels of Heaven, being in harmony in your kingdom, I cannot leave MY Angel behind me. I'm sorry God, Please forgive me... Maybe another place at another time, give me a second chance at life, with a wiped out memory. But until then I'd have to refuse to be in your court. I'm sorry."

God saw the pain in her eyes as she made the toughest decision. "Very Well my child. For I hate sin, but not the sinner. If that is what you truly desire, then I shall leave you in the fiery embrace of Hell until the second era of life rejuvenates and you, along with the rest, will be born again." He sends (Y/n) back down where she was last placed in Hell, amongst the raging Angel Dust and the mainly emotionless Alastor. She descended to the floor of Hell, as dusty as the ashes of burnt cinders.

As her eyes opened, she gazed at Angel, holding a gun at Alastor's face, who was cornering Angel and towering over him. His mouth leaking a thick, black liquid, that stained his white body. (Y/n), still weak from the fall, got up and pushed Alastor aside with all her might as she tried to protect Angel. "(Y/n)..." Angel muttered, surprised. Alastor fell to the ground, tired. Just as Angel stood up and hugged (Y/n) close to him, a shadow loomed above Alastor. Red eyes gleamed and in a blink of an eye, Alastor was taken by the mysterious demon.

"Alastor!" (Y/n) Shouted. "This isn't fair, If I weren't dead, Hell would still be the place it was. With me in it, everything goes haywire." Angel kissed (Y/n)'s forhead "I thought I'd never see you again sweetheart... We need to find who took Alastor, no matter if he is a friend or a foe, and no matter how much I hate him. Without him, Hell will be fear ridden." (Y/n) questioned "Why so?"

Angel sighed and explained "Alastor is the infamous and powerful entity known as the 'Radio Demon'. If anyone tried to harness his unstable power and delete his existence from Hell, Hell will really be a place that the books say it is." (Y/n) began to be transported as she faded away, remembering that she had once chance of getting to heaven. "Angel meet me at the Council. I promise I'll explain everything."

"Alright."