Chapter 13: Enigma

As Angel and (Y/n) left the Casino, since Husk and Niffty were gonna play with others and actually take their money, they noticed Charlie holding letters. As she turns around and sees the two, she dashes over and hands them each a letter. "Do come!" She winks before looking for more people to give the letters to.

"Let's go back up to our rooms and find out what's in this." (Y/n) spoke. Therefore the two used the lift back up to their rooms. "You wanna come in?" (Y/n) offered. And Angel nodded, opening up his letter. "It's an invitation to a pool party?" (Y/n) then glanced over his shoulder "Oh! It say's that Charlie's having a birthday party up at the pool." She smiled.

"I'm not swimming. My floofs will become flat. And it takes me a long time to floof it up again. That's why I take baths at night when I'm not out working." Said Angel. "Well, then I'm not gonna swim either. I don't even have swimming attire." (Y/n) said as she looked through her closet. "What time does it start?" She asked whilst looking for appropriate attire. "A few hours from now. Make that two." Angel replied. "WAIT TWO HOURS?!" He then exclaimed. "That's hardly any time for me to put on my best!"

"Angel, it's just a birthday party. What ur wearing right now is good enough." (Y/n) said as she combed her hair. "I always look fabulous but you need to look fabulous too! You can lend one of my party dresses." He flips his hair and smirks. If (y/n) said no, Angel would be very upset that she wouldn't  play dress up with him. "Alright then." She agreed. Angel's face lit up with a happy smile. He then left her room in a hurry and came back with a handful of dresses.

"We have an hour to pick out your dress and an hour for me to doll you up. So let's not waste any time darling." He then picks out a few dresses for her to try on. The first one was too small, the second was too sparkly. The third was too slutty and the forth was too princess-ish. "Hmm try this one. It's casual but it isn't one of my favourites. If you like it, you can have it because I don't wear it." He said, looking at the dress as gave it to her. "Then why did you buy it?" She asked confused.

"Oh I didn't buy it. A fan gave it to me but It doesn't fit my persona ya' know?" He sighed. (Y/n) tried it on and came out "So? How does this look?" Angel blushed slightly replying "That isn't fair, you look so pretty in it!" (Y/n) smiled "Thanks, and you're blushing." Angel then rubbed his cheeks and went back to his room to get his make-up. "Now let's get you dolled up. Since your dress is (f/c) lets make your eyeshadow (f/c)."

Angel sat (Y/n) down at her dresser, that didn't look as magnificent as his, and began to apply some casual make-up look on (Y/n)'s face. The eyeliner was a simply cat-wing, the eyeshadow was dreamy, and her hair was accessorized with a ribbon. "Aww you look so cute!" He admired her, proud of his work. "Now C'mon, we can't keep the princess waiting (y/n)"

The two got into the lift and went up to the pool area, finding a ton of demons. Charlie was playing at the pool, Vaggie looked around to see who was invited, Alastor was smiling at the guest, who were trying to avoid him, Niffty was helping out with the food distribution, and Husk was showing off some card tricks at the corner of the balcony. "Hey Charlie" (y/n) greeted whilst walking up to her. "Oh! Great you guys could make it!" Charlie exclaimed.

"Do enjoy yourselves." She smiled. Just as she said that, Vaggie and Niffty came with a cake as everyone sang Happy Birthday. But as (Y/n) gazed over the balcony, she fell into a trance due to that same light she saw that very morning. Angel then noticed that she was staring into the distance and asked "What are you looking at sweetheart?" He then saw the same light and chills went down his spine "A heaven light...?" He muttered. He rushed in front of (Y/n) only to find her eyes the same colour as that light.

The crowd seemed to turn silent as one by one noticed the light. "I've seen this before... " he muttered sadly. Alastor then swept the tranced (Y/n) off her feet and vanished. "Alastor!" Angel shouted. He then saw Alastor zooming towards the light below the balcony with (y/n) in his arms. Angel was furious and ran after him. "Put her down Alastor!" He screamed, but Alastor ignored his cries. "I'm getting you out of my sight whether you like it or not! I am not willing to break down at the sight of you and I am not going to be set back by past memories. So go to heaven where you belong and stay away from Hell!" Alastor shouted angrily.

Angel picked up a few loose guns that was lying on the sidewalk and began shooting the radio demon. "Let her go Alastor! NOW!" He shouted, furious. As they were fighting, (Y/n) was lost in her own world. She stood on white ground as her surroundings were also white. "Hello?" Her voice echoed. "Angel? Charlie? Vaggie? Niffy? Husk? Anybody?" She called out but to no avail. She then began to hear disturbing voices as they blamed her and shunned her. The voices got louder and louder as they began shouting negative words that echoed over and over again. Shunning out the words didn't help her at all. And all she could hear was her own voice asking:

"Why do you even exist?!"