Chapter 17: The First Test

"Close your eyes for a moment." He requested, and so she did. He then blushed at how innocent she was to trust him. He place one of his hands behind her head, and another slithered around her waist. He then gently pressed his lips on hers before pulling away. (Y/n) opened her eyes and her blush became redder. "I know that face all too well..." Angel smirked "That was your first kiss, wasn't it?"

(Y/n) nodded. He then nuzzled his face into the side of her neck, his breath on her skin. This new sensation felt nice. "I'll just take a quick nap here." He said, voice slightly muffled. (Y/n) ran her fingers through Angel's hair as he dosed off. She gazed at the dark red sky above her before reaching for the map that somehow made it below her feet. She opened it up to take a good look and tried find a a way out.

Suddenly her eyes turned a bright gold and a path on the map as well on the forest floor lit up a golden hue. "What the Hell...?" She said confused. She woke Angel up saying "Angel I think I found the way out of here." Angel got up, eyes tired as he replied "That's great sweetheart. Let's wake the rest up and leave this place." He carried her, bridal style, before setting her down on the ground. She woke up the two sleeping ladies and followed the glowing path that only she could see.

As they were walking, Angel walked alongside her and intertwined his fingers with her free hand, causing her to blush. Charlie giggled when she noticed it, having the feeling that they were somewhat official. "We're almost out of the forest, just a few more turns." (Y/n) said confidently, in which she was right, and they were met with a clear exit of the woodlands. "That's odd... the map says that there should be a huge building here." (Y/n) mentioned, confused.

"Looks like we wasted our time!" Cherri groaned impatient. (Y/n)'s magical vision was activated once more. "There seems to be some sort of pattern on the ground that we need to solve" She said as her eyes met with Angel's. He smirked "Well, I can't see it, but you're a smart one. I'll help where I can sweetheart." Despite the kiss, Angel was still himself, which was a good thing, making (Y/n) feel less awkward.

"Angel, remember this code for me. 'The Sun is the Brightest when there are no stars" She told him whist reading some sort of ancient language on a nearby rock, made possible by her new found power. As she fixes her vision on the ground, symbols seemed to form all around her as steps formed. "Could you repeat the code please?" She asked nicely whilst taking her foot and placing it on the first step. Angel repeated "The Sun Shines the Brightest when there are no stars." (Y/n) then saw the symbol of the sun on a nearby rock and commanded Charlie, who was the nearest, to put her hand on it.

That alone made a few more steps form, making (Y/n) climb higher and higher. To the naked eyes of Angel, Charlie and Cherri, they could only see (Y/n) walking on thin air. There seems to be a certain symbol near Cherri. "Cherri, could you put your left foot forward?" And she obeyed, touching the second symbol. The last symbol brightly shone behind her and to her surprise, Angel was already stepping on it. She smiled at Angel, but quickly lost her balance and fell off the invisible steps. Angel dashed towards her and caught her a few inches before she could hit the floor.

"(Y/n), are you hurt anywhere?" He asked concerned. She smiled and shook her head, arms around Angel's neck. He set her down gently and tried to reuse her new found power, but to no avail. "That's odd... I can't see or use that weird power anymore!" She exclaimed in fear. Charlie and Cherri were still at where (Y/n) told them to be. She then held Angel's hand and led him to the area where he stood before trying to look for the staircase. Her right leg, then her left, she attempted twice, before finding the now extended staircase. Angel then noticed a button behind a rock, that was beside him, and pushed it.

The ground rumbled as walls emerged from it in front of all four of them, trapping them in individual rooms. "What kind of sick hide out is this?!" Cherri shouted in anger. Before they knew it, they were in a mind twisting maze. "Charlie?! Cherri?! Angel?! Where are you guys?!" (Y/n) shouted in fear at the top of her lungs, but there was no reply. Her eyes began to glow again as she scanned the area, finding a wall next to the staircase that revealed a map to find some sort of key.

"Is Sir Pentious some kind of freak who loves to get into his labs the hard way or is this just a very good security trap for intruders?" Cursed (Y/n), under her breath. She then followed what seemed to be a path and found a button. As she pressed the button, nothing seemed to happen for her, but the other three saw each other as the walls retracted back to the ground. Angel, who was very much concerned, asked worriedly "Where is (Y/n)?" Both Charlie and Cherri shrugged, worried as well. The three grouped up and went through the remaining maze in hopes to find (Y/n).

"Cherri, why can you just use your bombs to blow this place up?" Charlie asked while running. "First of all, Princess, is that I wanna use it when the time is right. Second, if I were to use it anywhere, (Y/n) might be behind a wall and it may hurt her." Cherri replied. Angel then came across an opening in one of the walls and told the other two to follow him. He could sense something, but he wasn't sure what. Suddenly all the walls disappeared, revealing (Y/n), who found the key. The ground formed a keyhole and she unlocked it, causing a huge building to grow out of the ground. An unfamiliar voice then echoed.

"Congratulations!"