Chapter 11: Regrets

Another day ends and another day begins. Angel wakes up from his slumber smelling as if he was born out of a flower. Cherri, on the other had, was sleeping on the floor with the drugged alcohol bottle in her left hand.

Angel gets up and gets ready for the day with the usual quick rinse, teeth brushing, winged eyeliner and a perfect amount of cologne mixed with perfume. Cherri however was completely knocked out, for she finished the remains of the drugged alcohol. Angel puts a pillow at her side in hopes that if she wakes up, she can use it to cover her head. He knows how intense the headaches can get.

He heads on over to the bar, cigar in his top right hand, and finds Chalie talking to Vaggie. "Morning Gals. You two look awfully happy today" He greeted. Vaggie's expression instantly changed as soon as Angel spoke due to the fact he was smoking inside the Hotel. "Could you at least take your smoking outside?" The annoyed tone in Vaggie's voice made Angel chuckle, knowing that he has successfully made her morning slightly more dreadful.

"Sorry, well not really," he shrugged. "Hey Charlie, could you give me a microphone and tell me what song (Y/n) will be singing today? I want to surprise her." He chuckled with a devious smirk. Half and hour past and (Y/n)'s entertainment for the day was about to begin. The lights dimmed and the crowd gazed in awe, awaiting her voice. As the music began, no pianist this time, the lights became red. The sound of drums echoed throughout the bar.

Charlie and Vaggie rushed over, as well as Angel, who was sitting and waiting for a good moment to come in. (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes turned to a demonic red as she hovered above the stage ever so slightly. The crowd was cheering, excited and intrigued. And so she began (YouTube Video Provided).

"First things first, I'ma say all the words inside my head. I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh.. The way that things have been, oh.." the younger demons cheered for they knew this song well.
"Second thing second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be. I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh... The master of my sea, oh..."

(Y/n) then sang with feeling and expression, showing everyone how she felt "I was broken from a young age, taking my sulking to the masses. Write down my poems for the few that looked at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me singing from heartache from the pain. Taking my message from the veins, speaking my lesson from the brain, seeing the beauty through the... " the crowd the shouted "PAIN!"

"You made me a, you made me a believer, believer... You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain. My life, my love, my drive, it came from." And once again the crowd shouted "PAIN!" As she continued "You made me a, you made me a believer, believer..."

Angel then walked through the crowd with angst singing "Third things third, send a prayer to the ones up above. All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove, oh. Your spirit up above, oh..." he smirked. "I was choking in the crowd, building my rain up in the cloud, falling like ashes to the ground hoping my feelings, they would drown" (Y/n) then cut in "But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing. Inhibited, limited. 'Til it broke up and it rained down, it rained down, like..."

Charlie and Vaggie were watching them having so much fun and they decided to join the crowd. Charlie was super excited whilst Vaggie had a chill smile on her face. Angel and (Y/n) were wrapping up the song as the crowd cheered wildly. The two then got off the stage and smiled at each other. "You did really well ya'know?" Said Angel, patting (y/n) 's head. "Thanks. You too!" She smiled.

The two then took the lift back to the hotel rooms after having brunch with Charlie and Vaggie. "Hey (Y/n), Cherri is hungover in my room so can I crash at yours for a bit? I wanna get something off my chest. And no it isn't my fabulous fluff." Angel questioned. (Y/n) giggled at what he said, and of course, allowed him to stay. "What's bothering you Angel?" (Y/n) asked while unlocking the door. The two went in and sat on (Y/n) bed.

"Since you've shared your past life with me, I'll share mine. You seem to be concern about me when I'm drunk or hung over and well, I figured it was time for you to know what's causing me to drink so much." He laughed awkwardly. "I'm not alcoholic, but these few months have been pretty rough because I kinda have... regrets. Phew this is hard to talk about... Alright, so back when I was alive, I was a mobster of sorts and also was what I am today at this very moment, fabulous."

"A year before I died, the year 1946, I was looking back at the amount of people I've murdered in the past, countless. I began thinking where I'd end up if I were to die. Will the souls that I've killed haunt me or maybe will I be tortured a thousand times worse? I was just scared. When the time came for me to leave earth and find a new home, I was terrified. Sure, when I came to Hell I felt a sense of relieve that I wasn't thrown into some electrical cage of some sorts or something. But its been about Seventy - One years since then and the past is finally catching up to me ya' know?"

"People who die here don't really age so I'm still the same age I was when I died, which is discrete by the way. But due to the fact that I've done so many wrong things, it's making me regret that I did them. The only thing I don't regret is meeting people like Charlie, Vaggie, Cherri, Nifty, Husk, All these good people... and you." A sad smile formed on his lips as his head leaned against his hands. Eyes from the mischievous guy that he was, to a teary mess.

(Y/n) hugged him "It's okay, we all make mistakes and have regrets."

"Thanks (Y/n)... I needed this."